BUG REPORT: SQL filters not working on dashboard

Daniel.Eyre shared this question 1 month ago
Awaiting Reply

To meet the demands of a client of ours to display all their OU structures: I used the filter by SQL query capability to read from SQL tables with their entire OU values.

While this filtering works at the report level; it's not working for the dashboards at all. When me or the client attempts to filter; it returns NO results. This is clearly a bug in yellowfin.


I can painstakingly work around this by doing joins to these tables in the yellowfin views views. But in the meantime; you can add this to the list of bugs in yellowfin.

Comments (4)

photo
1

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reaching us.

Can you please explain me bit more in detail, like what information are you extract provide me the steps and screenshots of your implementation?

I have tested this scenario of freehand sql report with filter on the Dashboard and it worked for me.

/D6wuRjhBQE5jAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==


/wGrgeoeEDCXgwAAAABJRU5ErkJgggA=


Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Mahesh

photo
1

Hi Daniel,

Hope you are doing well.

I am just doing a followup as I haven't heard back from you since my last reply.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Mahesh

photo
1

I've managed to find a work-around by using an SQL query that selects a list of all the values in the dB.

However; we haven't got tot the bottom of why it wasn't populating.

photo
1

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

Glad you found a work around which is working for the moment.

If we haven't got to the bottom of why it isn't populating, I will need more information of the way you have constructed the report, so that I can replicate here inorder to investigate the issue further. Screenshots will be more helpful.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Mahesh