Additional Calculated Data

Aries Macam shared this question 24 days ago
Answered

I have this report below where I split into 4 columns the number of tickets per severity level per brand (which I had to cover up). I would want to create a new column that will show

a. SUM (Severity1, Severity2)

b. SUM (Severity1, Severity2, Severity 3, Severity 4)

c. % of a / b

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

12cb4db708a2844eccea18bc3033f632

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Aries,

My name is Yamini Naidu from the Yellowfin Technical Support Team. We have received your support request, and I will be your primary contact on the following ticket:

Ticket Number: #30307
Case Title: Additional Calculated Data

Allow me sometime to look into this query, I will get back to you with my findings soon.

Sincerely,

Yamini Naidu

Yellowfin Technical Support Engineer

photo

Hello Aeries,

This is to let you know that I created a table that is similar to yours, used calculated fields in my calculations. Could you please check this once and let me know if this is the outcome you were hoping for?

8806f14f6ba50a179250607832783caf

The video below demonstrates how to use the calculated filed option for calculations. https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/f/9f7a4559254ad3f4

Additionally, I have shared a wiki link for more clarification. I hope this helps.

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Calculated+Fields

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini, thanks for your video. However, the solution presented is an oversimplification. The primary metric is a sum of all the backlogs but there is a filter that separates each of the severity; hence you can see the 4 severity under the Backlog column. I would need to calculate Sev 1 and Sev 2 as a sum to be extracted from this column then divide that sum with the sum of the backlogs and they should appear at the right end.

photo

f416a4557fec099bca55c0fa96d60e3d

photo

I am able to show the absolute number and % under each severity with row total. How can i have a new column near the total that shows percentage of SUM (Sev 1, Sev 2)

2e3b02b61168ced457320eabb6c56517

photo

Hello Aries,

Thank you for the clarification. I would like to inform you that I have attempted to identify the solution you are seeking; however, it appears that while we can aggregate sev1 and sev2, it is not feasible to add a new column adjacent to the total. In your situation, we can utilize the group data option to combine sev1 and sev2.

b165604f98516c3e371e1ea4ab49557e

Sincerely,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini, This is so helpful!!! Thanks a lot!

photo

Hello Aries,

I am glad to hear the issue was resolved. If you have any other issue please contact us again by opening up a new ticket and we will provide additional support.

Thank you,

Yamini Naidu

Yellowfin Technical Support

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file