Stories Restore

Wouter shared this question 30 days ago
Answered

Hi There,

as part of our upgrade to YF 6.12 we deleted a number of client organizations and now (as always happens... :-( ), there is the need to recover one of them. This is a client organisation with mainly Stories as content, so our thirst thought was export from a YF backup version and import in production. However, I now see that the export/import of stories is not supported.

Is there any other way of recovery possible? I have seen that the organisation and stories are still in the database. The organisation is not visible anymore in the UI. Is there any status field some where we can update to let the customer and stories content magically re-appear?

note These stories only contain content (text & images) no included reports or snapshots.

Thanks in advance,

Wouter Pels

SPM Assets

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Wouter,

I hope you're doing well. As you mentioned, story export and import is not supported at this time, however it might be possible to re-enable the organisation so that the related content is visible again. I'll double check to see if it can be done and get back to you shortly.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Wouter,

Although this action is not supported, the steps below may restore your deleted client organisation and any related reports. As a warning, Yellowfin cannot guarantee the stability of any system where the backend database has been modified, so please do create a backup before making any changes.

1. The deleted client org record doesn't get modified at all in the Organisation table so you don't need to do anything there. However, take note of the IpOrg value for the client org as you will need it for the following queries.
  2. There will be a record in the IpRltshp table that related the deleted client org to the default org:
    RltshpTypeCode = 'CUSTOMER', IpParent = 1, IpChild = <iporg>)
    You will also need to change the EndDate to '9999-12-31' and the EndReasonCode to null.
  3. Then any users you created in the client org will have to be reinstated:
    UPDATE iprltshp SET enddate = '9999-12-31', EndReasonCode = null WHERE ipchild = <ipid>
  4. If you had any users from the default org who were also made members of the deleted client org you can use the following:
    UPDATE iprltshp SET enddate = '9999-12-31', EndReasonCode = null WHERE ipparent = <iporg>
  5. There will also be a record in the StaffMemberRole table that you will need to remove the enddate from:
    UPDATE staffmemberrole SET enddate = '9999-12-31' WHERE ipemployee = <ipid>
  6. Then you will have to go through the ReportHeader, ReportView and ReportViewSource tables and look for any content created by a deleted Client Org user. For example:
    SELECT * FROM ReportHeader WHERE IpCreator = <IpId of deleted Client Org user>
    and change the ReportStatusCode (or ViewStatusCode for the ReportView table, or AccessCode for the ReportViewSource table) from 'DELETED' to 'OPEN'

I hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Wouter,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Is there anything you are needing from me to help get this resolved?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your follow-up.

Have been busy with some other challenges. This one was successful though, after the described steps the Client organisation, its users, Folders, and Stories became visible again.

Thanks.

photo

Hi Wouter,

No worries at all. I'm glad you were able to follow the steps and get the content to reappear.

If you have any more questions regarding Yellowfin or need any additional advice, please don't hesitate to raise a new ticket.

I hope you have a good rest of the week!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file