Timezone change for all users within organization

Rushil shared this question 58 days ago
Answered

Hello,

We want to change the timezone for all users within an organization at once. Although we’ve updated the organization’s timezone to the desired setting, this change did not reflect in the users’ individual timezone settings. We expected that updating the organization’s timezone would automatically adjust the users’ timezones, but they remain set to the old, incorrect timezone. How can we correct the timezone for all users in one go? It would be challenging to manually update each user’s settings individually

Thank you.

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Rushil,

Thank you for submitting your question and I hope you're doing well.

While this cannot currently be done via the UI, you can update the language settings for users via the REST API. If you are familiar with the API at all, the endpoint to use is described in this article:

https://developers.yellowfinbi.com/dev/api-docs/current/#operation/updateUserAdmin

If you need to find out some more information on our REST API, please have a look at our Wiki page here:

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/REST+API

I hope that answers your question. Let me know if you have any further thoughts on this topic.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

Thank you for quick response. I am not sure if you understood the question. I do not want to change language. I want to change timezone. The timezone setting can be changed within UI. I am just wondering how can I change the timezone for all the users in one go? Is there a way that can be done?

photo

Can I get an answer here please?

photo

Hi Rushil,

Apologies for the confusion where I mentioned language. Time zone, language and localisation are often referred to together. Unfortunately, the same applies for the user time zone at the moment in it cannot be done for all users at once via the UI if their personal profile has a specific time zone set. In the Yellowfin Administration Console, you can currently only set the system or organisation time zone, as you mentioned.

The recommended way is programmatically via our REST API. The link I sent you previously also refers to time zones as another option available that can be set via the updateUserAdmin endpoint.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Rushil,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Is there anything you are needing from me to help get this resolved?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Rushil,

I hope things are going well with you.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file