Day of Week

Byron Burton shared this question 2 months ago
Completed

Does yellowfin have a function that determines the day of the week.

Example 08/17/2024 = Saturday?

Replies (8)

photo

Hello Byron Burton,

My name is Yamini Naidu from the Yellowfin Technical Support Team. We have received your support request, and I will be your primary contact on the following ticket:

Ticket Number: #30089
Case Title: Day of Week

Allow me some time to look into this request, I will get back to you with my findings.

Sincerely,

Yamini Naidu

Yellowfin Technical Support Engineer

photo

I found this in your archives.

CASE WHEN DAYOFWEEK("VW_SYS_PACKAGE"."date_seized_1") IN (1,7) THEN "WEEKEND" ELSE "WEEKDAY" END

but it does not work and gives me this error message.

ERROR: function dayofweek(timestamp with time zone) does not exist Hint: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts. Position: 19

photo

Hello Byron Burton,

Thanks for your patience.

Regarding your question, I discovered that we can determine the day of the week by using the reference code. I tested it and the link below provides a copy of it. Would you kindly review it and let me know if this is helpful?

https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/f/2da7daf92c385718

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Won't work for me. Our vendor has limited our Console. Take a look.

Is there anyway to do it without the reference code?

2a4ffb79f4bc3ecf2573707df2e81caa

photo

Hey Byron Burton,

I hope this might be a solution. In your report, you can click on the "Column Formatting" icon in the header. Then, select the column with the date. After that, use the date format "Other" and type in custom date format "EEEE" for the weekdays. Yellowfin will then change the format in weekdays for you. Also, you don't need any function.

Best regards

photo
photo

Hello Byron Burton,

I looked in to the matter, but reference code was the only solution I could find.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

What would be the syntax so I could use it in a “calculated field”?

CAUTION! This email originated outside of the organization. Please do not open attachments or click links from an unknown or suspicious origin.

New Comment

Day of Week [community.yellowfinbi.com]

Janus Engler [community.yellowfinbi.com]

NEW!

Hey Byron Burton,

I hope this might be a solution. In your report, you can click on the "Column Formatting" icon in the header. Then, select the column with the date. After that, use the date format "Other" and type in custom date format "EEEE" for the weekdays. Yellowfin will then change the format in weekdays for you. Also, you don't need any function.

Best regards

Byron Burton [community.yellowfinbi.com]

Won't work for me. Our vendor has limited our Console. Take a look.

Is there anyway to do it without the reference code?

OPEN COMMENT IN BROWSER [community.yellowfinbi.com]

Stop receiving notifications [community.yellowfinbi.com] about this question
photo

In your report, you can click on the "Column Formatting" icon in the header. Then, select the column with the date. After that, use the date format "Other" and type in custom date format "EEEE" for the weekdays. Yellowfin will then change the format in weekdays for you. Also, you don't need any function.

How do I do this in a calculated field?

photo

How do I do the EEEE in a Calculated field like the one below?

date_trunc('day',"VW_SYS_PACKAGE"."Date_Seized_1") + interval '2 days'

photo

Maby try: TO_CHAR(date_trunc('day', "VM_SYS_PACKAGE".Date_Seized_1) + interval '2 days', 'FMDay')

The TO_CHAR(...FMDay) is for the format. Unfortunately I don't have any other ideas, not even with EEEE for the Weekday Name.

Best regards

photo

Thank you. Please close this request

photo

Hello Byron Burton,

Thank you for the confirmation and giving us the opportunity to assist you with this case. We are glad that your issue is resolved. If you have any other issue please contact us again by opening up a new ticket and we will provide additional support.

We value the customer experience and feedback and would like to understand your experience from our recent interaction. Please spare a moment to respond to the quick survey that was sent; we assure you, it won’t take much time to answer!

Your valuable feedback will help us serve you better in the future. Thank you for taking the time.

Thank you,

Yamini Naidu

Yellowfin Technical Support

photo

Thank you

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file