Broadcasts and Sorting

April Wolfe shared this question 3 months ago
Completed

For broadcasts, does the broadcast always deliver with the default sort or is there a way to broadcast with the current sort instead of the default (similar to filters) ?

Replies (4)

photo

Hello April Wolfe

Thank you for submitting this request to the Yellowfin Technical Support Team. My name is Sharwari Inkane and I will be supporting you with this issue.

In order to assist you please provide us the following information:

• The info.jsp file for this instance in HTML format. In order to get this file please follow the instructions in the following link: https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/how-to-get-the-info-jsp
  • Could you please explain the requirement in detail so that we can check it internally? If possible, could you also share screenshots or screen recording of the process you are following?

Sincerely,

Sharwari Inkane
Yellowfin Technical Support

photo

Sharwari,

What specifically are you needing from the info.jsp file?

The use case is that customers have a report that defaults to sorting in ascending order. Some customers need that report sorted in descending order and are subscribed to the report. The broadcast sends the report in the default sort and I am trying to determine if an entire new report has to be built with a different sort for these broadcasts or if there is a way for the broadcast to keep the selected (but not the default) sort.

photo

Hello April Wolfe

Thank you for the explanation.

I have reviewed the options, and currently, there is no way to configure the broadcast to keep a selected sort order that is different from the default sort order of the report. Therefore, the best solution would be to create a new report with the desired sort order for these broadcasts.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo
photo

Hello April Wolfe

I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Please let us know if you need additional support on this issue.

Thank you,

Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello April Wolfe

I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

If you are unavailable right now, you can always contact us again at a later time by opening a new ticket I will close this case by the end of business tomorrow if I do not receive a reply.

Please let us know if you need additional support on this issue.

Thank you,

Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello April Wolfe,

I hope you are doing well.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, you can always contact us again at a later time by opening a new ticket, we will be more than happy to help you.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

Leave a Comment

Attach a file