Schedule Management "Report"?

Paul shared this question 3 months ago
Completed

Hello,

Under Administration > Schedule Management I am seeing some entries where the Type column says "Report" and they seem to run frequently, every thirty minutes.

They aren't Broadcasts, so what exactly is going on? I've had a look at one of the reports in the report builder and couldn't find anything related to it.

Any insights would be much appreciated!

Best Answer
photo

Hello Paul

To display the report in schedule management, we need to add a refresh function while it is in active mode, before publishing the report. Please refer to the link below for more details regarding the Refreshing report data. I have attached a video for your reference.

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Refreshing+Report+Data

Is this what you are looking for? Please let us know if anything else comes up that we can help you with.

Regards

Siddhartha

Replies (4)

photo

Hello Paul

Thank you for submitting this request to the Yellowfin Technical Support Team. My name is Siddartha Pathi and I will be supporting you with this issue. Please allow me some time to investigate this.

Sincerely,

Siddartha Pathi
Yellowfin Technical Support

photo

Hello Paul

The report in the schedule management is to update the data in a report that has been set up to have its results cached. Please refer to the link below for more details regarding the schedule management.

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Schedule+Management

Please let us know if anything else comes up that we can help you with.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi Siddhartha,

Apologies I didn't mention I've already checked the wiki, I'm basically looking for more details on that specific part.

How do you set up a report to have results cached? If it's not something you manually set, what is it about a report that would require its results to be cached?

None of the other reports have this, just a random few and I can't figure out why, how it happened, and how to properly stop them.

photo
photo

Hello Paul

To display the report in schedule management, we need to add a refresh function while it is in active mode, before publishing the report. Please refer to the link below for more details regarding the Refreshing report data. I have attached a video for your reference.

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Refreshing+Report+Data

Is this what you are looking for? Please let us know if anything else comes up that we can help you with.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi Siddartha,

That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much :)

photo
photo

Hello Paul

I am glad to hear the issue was resolved. If you have any other issue please contact us again by opening up a new ticket and we will provide additional support.

We value the customer experience and feedback and would like to understand your experience from our recent interaction. Please spare a moment to respond to the quick survey that was sent; we assure you, it won’t take much time to answer!
Your valuable feedback will help us serve you better in the future. Thank you for taking the time.

Thank you,

Siddartha Pathi

Yellowfin Technical Support

Leave a Comment

Attach a file