forgot password popup blocked.

Sunita Kamthe shared this question 2 months ago
Answered

Hi,

I am not able to access forgot password link on yellowfin login page as shown in attached screenshot.

I am using 9.10.0.1 version of yellowfin.

Replies (20)

photo

Hi Sunita,

I hope you're doing well. Thanks for submitting a ticket to Yellowfin Support.

Can I ask which web browser and version you're using to access Yellowfin? You can usually find this in something similar to the Settings -> Help -> About menu. If you have pop-up blockers enabled, you may need to create a special rule to allow them for Yellowfin.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi,

Please find attached screenshot for google chrome browser version.

photo

Hi Sunita,

Please see this guide on unblocking pop-ups for a specific website in Chrome:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop#zippy=%2Callow-pop-ups-and-redirects-from-a-site

About half-way down the page, under the heading titled "Manage pop-ups & redirects for a specific site" - however as your browser appears to be managed by your organisation, you may need to contact someone in IT to allow it.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi,

It is just few settings that are managed by IT not all.I did contact IT people and pop up blocker settings are not managed by them.

Thanks,

Sunita

photo

Hi Sunita,

That's good, hopefully you can follow the guide and change the blocker settings on your side.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi,

I have followed guide and still facing same issue.Now trying to install yellowfin locally and will test for same functionality.

Thanks

Suinita

photo

Hi Sunita,

Thanks for letting me know.

The pop-up should work, provided no blocks are taking place. Here's an example I took just now on my local instance in the Chrome browser. This is in Yellowfin 9.11.

9031e3f8ab28ba7be13dadfa9bb68865

Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi,

I am trying to run yellowfin 9.10.0.1 version locally ,I am getting errors as shown in attached screenshot.

Could you help me on this?

I tried to run below command in database after going through your article, But still no success.

<code>UPDATE ACCESSCLASSLIST 
SET ACLSEQNBR = 0
WHERE ACLSEQNBR is NULL</code>

photo

Hi Sunita,

I hope you're well.

Do you mean you are seeing the same error as before, the issue regarding the pop-up window? There are no additional screenshots.

I'm not sure which article you are referring to, I've only linked to the Google support pages.

If this is a separate issue, we may need to log a new ticket here.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi,

We have tested popup window functionality on test environment(where not working).

I need to check popup window functionality on forgot password link by installing yellowfin 9.10.0.1 version locally.

I have installed yellowfin locally and while starting yellowfin server I am getting errors as shown in attached logs.

After resolving error , I will be checking popup window behavior locally.

Thanks,

Sunita.

photo

Hi Sunita,

That's a startup error because some migration code isn't being run, however it looks like you've installed Yellowfin 9.10 fresh and not upgraded an existing instance. The log then proceeds and appears to boot successfully. Are you able to access the Yellowfin login page? What happens when you log in?

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi,

When I hit localhost:8085 url, I get below page,

0179c4bdcf025597544909435e61c5af

photo

Hi Sunita,

Thanks for sending over that screenshot. Could you please provide me a little more information on how you created this instance, when it was installed and getting the info.jsp after boot?

Append info.jsp after your URL, so localhost:8085/info.jsp. Please save it as an HTML page and submit it as an attachment.

Please could you also do a SELECT * FROM databasechangelog on the Yellowfin configuration database and save the results as a .sql and attach.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi,

PFA for info.jsp and query results for databasechangelog.

thanks,

sunita

photo

Hi Sunita,

Many thanks for sending those over.

Is this a fresh install or one you've had for a while?

Have you ever been able to get it running and log in? If so, what changed or happened when you noticed it no longer working?

Looking at the log I see the error:

Running Changeset: com/hof/patch/db-schema-changelog-dashboard.xml::YFN-19342 Add publish UUID to WidgetItem and ReportGroupEntity::sarah
YF:2024-06-24 14:34:55.090:ERROR (WidgetItemManager) - [1] [Background] [STARTUP] Errors occured updating WidgetItem: This statement has been closed.
YF:2024-06-24 14:34:55.092:ERROR (WidgetItemManager) - [1] [Background] [STARTUP] SQL Stmt:
UPDATE WidgetItem
SET WidgetUUID = ?, CanvasUUID = ?, WidgetType = ?, PositionLeft = ?, PositionTop = ?, Width = ?, Height = ?, SortOrder = ?, DrawOrder = ?, WidgetTemplate = ?, WidgetName = ?, ConditionalFormatEnabled = ?, PublishUUID = ?
WHERE WidgetUUID = ?

YF:2024-06-24 14:34:56.991:ERROR (YFN19605AddPublishUUIDToWidgetItemAndReportGroupEntity) - [1] [Background] [STARTUP] Error adding WidgetItem.PublishUUIDs and ReportGroupEntity.PublishUUIDs: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: This statement has been closed.
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: This statement has been closed.
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgStatement.checkClosed(PgStatement.java:742) ~[postgresql-42.5.0.42.5.0]
at org.postgresql.jdbc.PgPreparedStatement.setObject(PgPreparedStatement.java:981) ~[postgresql-42.5.0.42.5.0]
at com.hof.managers.PreparedStatementBinder.bindValues(PreparedStatementBinder.java:184) ~[i4-core.9.10 (20231204)]
at com.hof.managers.PreparedStatementBinder.bindValues(PreparedStatementBinder.java:47) ~[i4-core.9.10 (20231204)]

I've looked up this change in your changelog file that you supplied and compared it against my own working instance - there aren't any differences and it says it has executed.

If we can understand some background on this instance it might make the issue clearer.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi,

I am doing fresh installation of 9.10.0.1 version and not able load login page.

photo

Hi ,

Me and my colleague debugged javascript on our yellowfin team environment for popup blocker error.

We have found that window.js file contains NewWindow function from where we are getting this popup blocker alert window.

We tried to print stacktrace from exception ,we are getting error as shown in attached screenshot.

1a16f0186e95af9b7e40d3ba57680b0d

Could you just tell us what this error is?

photo

Hi Sunita,

I think maybe we should arrange a call to take a look at this - I've just booted my 9.10.0.1 instance and am able to open the forgotten password window without any problems. Bear in mind that standard Yellowfin Support cannot assist with environment configuration issues and you are using a customised login web page. If that's the case, we can ask a CSM to involve some consulting services.

As you have a developer instance that you've just fresh installed, perhaps we need to go through the installation process again. When installing, we need to make sure we're creating a fresh database and not installing over a pre-existing one.

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

Hi Chris,

I tried to use yellowfin index.jsp (instead of our customized login jsp)on my test environment ,then It worked.

I compared both files and added some missing code in our jsp .Now popup is working with our login page.

Basically it was issue of our customize login jsp file.

Thanks for your support and sorry for trouble.

You can close ticket now.

Thanks,

Sunita.

photo

Hi Sunita,

That's great to hear! No worries at all.

If you have any further problems, don't hesitate to raise another ticket.

I hope you have a good week!

Kind regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file