Pie Chart Customisation

Emily Tse shared this question 2 months ago
Completed

Hello,

I'm interested in whether it's possible to highlight or emphasize a specific slice on a pie chart beyond simply minimum or maximum. Like excel if you select any of the slices in the pie chart you can just pull out the one you want.

If that's not feasible, I'm curious if there are alternative methods to individually style particular slices. My goal is to draw attention to a specific slice and make it the focal point of the visualization.

Thank you!

Replies (8)

photo

Hello Emily

Thank you for submitting this request to the Yellowfin Technical Support Team. My name is Siddartha Pathi and I will be supporting you with this issue.

The info.jsp file for this instance in HTML format. In order to get this file please follow the instructions in the following link: https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/how-to-get-the-info-jsp

Sincerely,

Siddartha Pathi
Yellowfin Technical Support

photo

Hello Siddartha,

Thank you for responding.

I dont quite follow how the link you provided is related to my question.

Thanks again.

Emily

photo

Hello Emily

I have just requested you to share info.jsp. I have provided the link in order to accomplish it for a better understanding. This isn't the solution link; it's just a request for me to know which version of Yellowfin you are using.

For the solution, I successfully conducted a test in my own environment and effectively fulfilled your requirements by utilizing the chart settings. To assist you further, I have included a video for your reference. Please review the video carefully and let us know if there is anything I may have missed.

Is this what you are looking for? Please let us know if anything else comes up that we can help you with.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hello Siddhartha,

Thank you for clearing that up and for responding with a solution.

However im looking to only explode a specific slice of my choosing. Not just the slice with the largest or smallest amount.

Many thanks :)
Emily

photo

Hello Emily

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the required functionality is not currently available through the Yellowfin UI. We can only select the minimum and maximum of the data in slices.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hello Emily

I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through the below response. If you can let us know that would be great.

Please let us know if you need additional support on this issue.

Thank you,

Siddartha Pathi

photo

Hello Emily

I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through the below response. If you can let us know that would be great.

If you are unavailable right now, you can always contact us again at a later time by opening a new ticket. I will close this ticket by the end of business tomorrow if I do not receive a reply.

Please reply to this email and I will continue to work to resolve this issue.

Thank you,

Siddartha Pathi

photo

Hello Emily Tse

I hope things are going well with you.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Thank you,

Siddartha Pathi

Leave a Comment

Attach a file