Header Background Color - Vary with Columns

David Kosofsky shared this question 11 days ago
Completed

Hi there,

I'm working on a report with 9 distinct columns. These 9 columns can be divided thematically into 3 groups. For ease of understanding, I'd like to shade the background color of each group a unique color. Is there a way to accomplish this in Yellowfin?

Thanks,

David

Replies (2)

photo

Hello David Kosofsky

Thank you for submitting this request to the Yellowfin Technical Support Team. My name is Sharwari Inkane and I will be supporting you with this issue.

In order to assist you please provide us the following information:

Sincerely,

Sharwari Inkane
Yellowfin Technical Support

photo

I believe we are operating on version 8

photo

Hello David,

This is to keep you informed that, currently Version 7 and 8 are out of the support scope and unfortunately we are unable to provide support on these versions. I would certainly recommend you to please give it a try by installing the latest supported version which would be Version 9. For your reference, you can get that from this link.

https://portal.yellowfinbi.com/public/releases/home

Please let me know how that goes we are here to assist you.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Thanks for your help Sharwani!

photo

Hello David,

You're welcome, I'm glad I could assist you. If you need any further assistance with this ticket or have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reply to this message. I'm more than happy to help you in any way I can. If there are no further questions, please let me know, and I'll proceed to close this case.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello David,

I wanted to follow up with you regarding the solution I provided in my last email. Did the solution we sent you resolve the issue?

Please let us know if you need additional support on this issue.

Thank you,

Sharwari Inkane

Yellowfin Technical Support

photo

Hi Sharwani,

Our company is upgrading to version 9 near the end of the month, so I am hoping to implement your suggested solution then. I will raise another ticket then, should the solution not work for me.

Thanks for the help!

photo

Hello David,

Thanks for the confirmation. I will now go ahead and mark this case as completed. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns; we would be more than happy to assist you.
Have a great rest of your day!

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo
photo

Hello David,

I have made an attempt using version 9.11. Could you please navigate to "Column Formatting" and then "Column and Row headings", enable the style option, and proceed to change the background colour? Please check the below screen recording for your reference:

https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/f/c87db1dc6b397719

Kindly review and inform me if this meets your requirements, or if you require further assistance.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hi Sharwani,

I followed the directions above to get the info.jsp but it took me to a page that sayd "HTTP Status 404 - Not Found"

So I'm not sure what version I am using, but when I went to "Column Formatting" I did not see an option for "Column and Row headings", so I assume not version 9.11

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file