switch case inside of callulated field

Byron Burton shared this question 12 days ago
Awaiting Reply

I need to change the case inside of a calculated field so I can compare it to another field.

Is this possible?

Replies (13)

photo

I have 2 fields, one is in lowercase and one is in uppercase. I tried using the case conversion in the menu but it is not making the comparsion.

Name is in upper case

Vendor is in lowercase

I need to compare the Name field to the Vendor field

How can I do this?

photo

Hello Byron Burton

Thank you for submitting this request to the Yellowfin Technical Support Team. My name is Sharwari Inkane and I will be supporting you with this issue.

Allow me some time to look into this issue. I will get back to you with my findings shortly.

Sincerely,

Sharwari Inkane
Yellowfin Technical Support

photo

Hello Byron Burton,

To change the case inside of a calculated field, you can utilize the formula type as "Freehand SQL". Within this, you can use the "Lower" Keyword before the field name. For ex. Lower(Name), this will convert the text in the "Name" field to lowercase. Please check the below screen recording for your reference:

https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/f/3954e8332429e3c2

Please review this and let me know if it resolves your query.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Didn’t work.  See the screens

CAUTION! This email originated outside of the organization. Please do not open attachments or click links from an unknown or suspicious origin.

New Comment

switch case inside of callulated field [community.yellowfinbi.com]

Sharwari Inkane [community.yellowfinbi.com]

Hello Byron Burton,
To change the case inside of a calculated field, you can utilize the formula type as "Freehand SQL". Within this, you can use the "Lower" Keyword before the field name. For ex. Lower(Name), this will convert the text in the "Name" field to lowercase. Please check the below screen recording for your reference:
https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/f/3954e8332429e3c2 [ftp.yellowfin.bi]
Please review this and let me know if it resolves your query.
Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

OPEN COMMENT IN BROWSER [community.yellowfinbi.com]

Stop receiving notifications [community.yellowfinbi.com] about this question
photo

Didn’t work

CAUTION! This email originated outside of the organization. Please do not open attachments or click links from an unknown or suspicious origin.

Status → In Progress

I need to change the case inside of a calculated field so I can compare it to another field.

Is this possible?

OPEN question IN BROWSER [community.yellowfinbi.com]

Previous Value: Awaiting Reply
Updated by: System [community.yellowfinbi.com]

photo

Hello Byron Burton,

Please do not include spaces in the fields. For ex. instead of "Lower(Email Address)" , please use "Lower(EMAILADDRESS)" and then proceed. Please give this a try, and inform me of the outcome.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

It did not work

I also tried exporting to SQL and trying the LOWER function there.  Did not work

I tried putting in quotes.  Did not work

I tried putting the sql that I exported into the Free hand SQL because the field names are different.  Did not work

Both did not work*** This is from the SQL

CASE WHEN Lower(sys_case_SYS_USER_ownername.name) = Lower(VW_SYS_PARTY.party_name) THEN 1 END

CASE WHEN Lower(name) = Lower(party_name) THEN 1 END

New Comment

Hello Byron Burton,
Please do not include spaces in the fields. For ex. instead of "Lower(Email Address)" , please use "Lower(EMAILADDRESS)" and then proceed. Please give this a try, and inform me of the outcome.
Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Byron Burton,

We would like to have a remote session with you to discuss further in regards to this issue based on your availability. I'm accessible from 3:30 pm to 10:30 pm IST, Monday through Friday. Please confirm your availability so we can send you an invitation.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

We are communicating with our vendor.  Yellowfin is non-responsive at this point.  It wont even load.  Perhaps this is the issue.  I will let you know once it is resolved.

New Comment

Hello Byron Burton,
We would like to have a remote session with you to discuss further in regards to this issue based on your availability. I'm accessible from 3:30 pm to 10:30 pm IST, Monday through Friday. Please confirm your availability so we can send you an invitation.
Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Byron,

Sure, thank you for the update. Please keep me posted once it is resolved.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Byron,

I hope you are doing well. I wanted to followup regarding the non-responsiveness of Yellowfin. Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved, or if there are any updates on this?

Please keep me posted on any updates.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Vendor still looking at it.  Will restart server

New Comment

Hello Byron,
I hope you are doing well. I wanted to followup regarding the non-responsiveness of Yellowfin. Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved, or if there are any updates on this?
Please keep me posted on any updates.
Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Byron,

Thanks for the update. Please keep me informed of any updates and let me know once the issue is resolved.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

Leave a Comment

Attach a file