Advanced Reporting and Broadcast

Byron Burton shared this question 2 months ago
Completed

Is it possible to create an alert-based broadcast report that produces a list of email addresses from the report and then broadcasts the report to the addresses returned from that report? I created a report in Advanced Authoring SQL that returns the users email addresses but the broadcast requires a preset list of recipients.

This would be a real game changer for us.

Thanks

Best Answer
photo

Hello Byron Burton,

I noticed that you have raised a separate ticket for the case formatting issue. I just wanted to confirm if the broadcast related issue mentioned in this ticket has been resolved. If it has, I will proceed with closing this case.

To prevent redundancy and confusion, we can address the case formatting issue in the new ticket you have created.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

Replies (21)

photo

Hello Byron Burton

Thank you for submitting this request to the Yellowfin Technical Support Team. My name is Sharwari Inkane and I will be supporting you with this issue.

In order to assist you please provide us the following information:

Sincerely,

Sharwari Inkane
Yellowfin Technical Support

photo

I dont understand what that means. Here is my report. I want the broadcast to go to email address that the report generates

SELECT DISTINCT
sys_case_SYS_USER_ownername.name AS Case_Owner,
VW_SYS_INCIDENT.security_territory AS Territory_Name,
VW_SYS_CASE.case_number AS Case_Numb,
VW_SYS_PARTY.party_name AS Person_Involved_Name,
sys_user.email as Email_Address
FROM sys_user, public.yf_source_filter AS YF_SOURCE_FILTER
LEFT OUTER JOIN public.vw_sys_case AS VW_SYS_CASE
ON (
YF_SOURCE_FILTER.case_id = VW_SYS_CASE.id
)
AND (
VW_SYS_CASE.canceled = '0'
AND VW_SYS_CASE.sys_active = '1'
)
LEFT OUTER JOIN public.vw_sys_incident AS VW_SYS_INCIDENT
ON (
VW_SYS_CASE.id = VW_SYS_INCIDENT.case_id
)
AND (
VW_SYS_INCIDENT.sys_active = '1'
)
LEFT OUTER JOIN public.vw_sys_party AS VW_SYS_PARTY
ON (
VW_SYS_CASE.id = VW_SYS_PARTY.case_id
)
AND (
VW_SYS_PARTY.sys_active = '1'
)
LEFT OUTER JOIN public.sys_user AS sys_case_SYS_USER_ownername
ON (
VW_SYS_CASE.owner = sys_case_SYS_USER_ownername.id
)
WHERE (
YF_SOURCE_FILTER.context_yellowfin_username IN (E'ups/dba3501d-bf23-4c4b-ab93-13849642a592')
)
AND (
(CASE
WHEN sys_case_SYS_USER_ownername.name = VW_SYS_PARTY.party_name THEN 1
END) = 1
)
AND
VW_SYS_PARTY.party_name = sys_user.name
photo

Hello Byron,

We would like to have a remote session with you to discuss further in regards to this issue based on your availability. I'm accessible from 3:30 pm to 10:30 pm IST, Monday through Friday. Please confirm your availability so we can send you an invitation.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Today at 3:30 would be great

Thanks

CAUTION! This email originated outside of the organization. Please do not open attachments or click links from an unknown or suspicious origin.

New Comment

Advanced Reporting and Broadcast [community.yellowfinbi.com]

Sharwari Inkane [community.yellowfinbi.com]

Hello Byron,
We would like to have a remote session with you to discuss further in regards to this issue based on your availability. I'm accessible from 3:30 pm to 10:30 pm IST, Monday through Friday. Please confirm your availability so we can send you an invitation.
Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

OPEN COMMENT IN BROWSER [community.yellowfinbi.com]

Stop receiving notifications [community.yellowfinbi.com] about this question
photo

Hello Byron,

Thank you for your response. Just to clarify, are you suggesting 3:30 PM or AM for our meeting? My availability is from 3:30 PM IST to 10:30 PM IST. Please let me know a suitable time within this timeframe.

Looking forward to our discussion.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

3pm EST

CAUTION! This email originated outside of the organization. Please do not open attachments or click links from an unknown or suspicious origin.

New Comment

Hello Byron,
Thank you for your response. Just to clarify, are you suggesting 3:30 PM or AM for our meeting? My availability is from 3:30 PM IST to 10:30 PM IST. Please let me know a suitable time within this timeframe.
Looking forward to our discussion.
Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Byron,

I am available until 1 PM EST. Could you please let me know a suitable time before then for our meeting?

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

How about now at 1030

photo

Hello Byron,

This is to inform you that an invitation to a team meeting has been forwarded to you for Monday, 6th May at 10:30AM EST (08:00PM IST). To join the meeting, click the following link.

Join the meeting now

Meeting ID: 444 064 689 990

Passcode: LzXxob

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

New Comment

Hello Byron,
This is to inform you that an invitation to a team meeting has been forwarded to you for Monday, 6th May at 10:30AM EST (08:00PM IST). To join the meeting, click the following link.
Join the meeting now
Meeting ID: 444 064 689 990
Passcode: LzXxob
Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Byron,

Thank you for your time during remote session. I will replicate the same in my local environment and provide updates accordingly.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Byron,

I have tested the functionality in version 9.8.1.1, and it appears to be working properly on my end. Could you kindly navigate to column formatting -> display -> format and verify that the format of the email address field is set to "Email"? If not, please adjust it accordingly and then retest the broadcast. For your convenience, I've attached a screenshot below for reference.

d060b03eacf31b47df2fcb1bfc3aeeb7

Kindly try this solution and let me know if it resolves the issue. If you require any further assistance or clarification, please let me know.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Not working yet but I think I know why

How can I convert the field information to lowercase?

Thanks again

New Comment

Hello Byron,
I have tested the functionality in version 9.8.1.1, and it appears to be working properly on my end. Could you kindly navigate to column formatting -> display -> format and verify that the format of the email address field is set to "Email"? If not, please adjust it accordingly and then retest the broadcast. For your convenience, I've attached a screenshot below for reference.

Kindly try this solution and let me know if it resolves the issue. If you require any further assistance or clarification, please let me know.
Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Byron Burton,

Could you please navigate to Column formatting-> Format-> Select Case Formatter->Then choose case as "Lowercase". Please check the below video recording for your reference:
https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/f/d9c0d88f34b24f9b

Kindly review this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

I tried that but it only changed the way the screen looked it does not affected the calculated field.  (See Below)

Since the “Case Owner YF” field is uppercase and the “Person Involved Name” is lowercase, the calculation is failing.

I was hoping I could convert the text inside of the calculation

New Comment

Hello Byron Burton,
Could you please navigate to Column formatting-> Format-> Select Case Formatter->Then choose case as "Lowercase". Please check the below video recording for your reference:
https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/f/d9c0d88f34b24f9b [ftp.yellowfin.bi]
Kindly review this and let me know if this helps.
Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Not working yet.  I have a formatting case issue to resolve before it might work

Status → In Progress

Is it possible to create an alert-based broadcast report that produces a list of email addresses from the report and then broadcasts the report to the addresses returned from that report? I created a report in Advanced Authoring SQL that returns the users email addresses but the broadcast requires a preset list of recipients.

This would be a real game changer for us.

Thanks

OPEN question IN BROWSER [community.yellowfinbi.com]

Previous Value: Awaiting Reply
Updated by: System [community.yellowfinbi.com]

photo

Hello Byron Burton,

I noticed that you have raised a separate ticket for the case formatting issue. I just wanted to confirm if the broadcast related issue mentioned in this ticket has been resolved. If it has, I will proceed with closing this case.

To prevent redundancy and confusion, we can address the case formatting issue in the new ticket you have created.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

I cannot determine if the broadcast problem is resolved until I can properly compare the data for 2 fields.  Since one field is uppercase and one field is lowercase.  I was hoping you had a function that could use inside of a calculated field.

New Comment

Hello Byron Burton,
Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Byron Burton,

I'll look into your request internally to see if there's a function that can be used within a calculated field to lowercase the field. I'll update you as soon as possible with any findings or solutions.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Byron Burton,

I hope all is well,

I wanted to check in to see if you need any further assistance with this ticket. If there are no additional questions or issues, I will proceed with closing this case.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thank you!

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Byron Burton,

I hope all is well,

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, you can always contact us again at a later time by opening a new ticket, we will be more than happy to help you.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

Leave a Comment

Attach a file