Rank within Section

Zack Wilson shared this question 9 days ago
In Progress

I would like to be able to Rank a Metric within the section.

484a2365a3c45d1b4756432f0dea6a8b

037440a9890729e7add0c43ae6ebdc97

Replies (6)

photo

Hello Zack Wilson

Thank you for submitting this request to the Yellowfin Technical Support Team. My name is Siddartha Pathi and I will be supporting you with this issue.

Sincerely,

Siddartha Pathi
Yellowfin Technical Support

photo

Hello Zack

"I have tested this in my environment and was able to meet your requirements by utilizing the top N rank in the advanced function. For your reference, I have attached a video. Please review the video carefully and let us know if there is anything I may have missed.

If this solution does not meet your needs, please provide a recording of your requirements so that we can investigate the matter further."

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hello Zack Wilson

I wanted to follow up with you regarding the solution I provided in my last email. Did the solution we sent you resolve the issue?

Please let us know if you need additional support on this issue.

Thank you,

Siddartha Pathi

Yellowfin Technical Support

photo

Siddartha,

It works okay... We are still testing it. There are still some limitations and we are seeing if we can get around those. I should know something later today.

Thanks,

Zack

photo

Hello Zack Wilson

Thank you for your response. Sure we will wait for further updates from you.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Siddhartha,

This will work for what we need right now. However, It seems that there should be an advanced function or allow a SQL function to be able to rank by a section and then order by multiple columns. I had to come up with my own way to index what I needed it to sort by. Yellowfin's rank always produces a tie and no way to break the tie.

Separately, it would be nice to be able to export without section headers.

Thanks,

Zack

Leave a Comment

Attach a file