Can I use CC to an external email address when broadcasting a report with a source filter?

Scott Erickson shared this question 20 days ago
Completed

I work for a medical group. 80 clinics that are managed by about 10 regional directors; let's call it 8 clinics per director. I have an access filter on my location table so any one director only sees data for his/her clinics.

I have a weekly clinic level report that I want to broadcast to each clinic. The clinics email address is external (i.e., not a YF user). The Regional Directors are YF users. So I set up 80 broadcast with a source filter for each clinic. I add the Regional Director and then manually type the clinic email address, but the broadcast throws an error that the clinic email address is not authorized.

I wanted to try to use the CC feature, but I can't figure out how to do that. Anyone got any advice on how I could make this work without have to add 80 additional users?

Best Answer
photo

Hello Scott

Thank you for sharing the file. I have checked in the license and multicast is enabled. We can send a report to the external email address please check the "multicast reports" function needs to be enabled at the User Role level - 585a74d5dc9d948933cae1a138e28bd3

The content should be set to "unsecured" for this function to work.

6a1abbc795fa45018b4cffcb3ada0f3c

Once this is set up, if you enter the email address and hit enter, does the email address remain in the box in black?

184c2e3aee0836b463aea37c31d97967

Please let me know if you have already enabled this feature and are still experiencing issues when sending a broadcast to external email addresses.

Regards

Siddhartha

Replies (7)

photo

Hello Scott

Thank you for submitting this request to the Yellowfin Technical Support Team. My name is Siddartha Pathi and I will be supporting you with this issue. . I wanted to reach out to inform you that we are currently in the process of reviewing your account information in our internal system. As soon as we have completed our review and have obtained further information, we will promptly reach out to you again.

Sincerely,

Siddartha Pathi
Yellowfin Technical Support

photo

Hello Scott

Could you please share The info.jsp file for this instance be in HTML format? In order to get this file please follow the instructions in the following link: (https://community.yellowfinbi.com/topic/how-to-get-the-info-jsp)

Siddartha Pathi

photo

Hello Scott Erickson

I wanted to follow up with you regarding the information I requested in my last email. This will allow me to further troubleshoot this issue and work towards a resolution. I know you may be busy but this information is necessary to solve this issue.

Thank you,

Siddartha Pathi

photo

Operating EnvironmentSystem Properties

Application Version:9.8.1.1
java.version:11.0.13
os.name:Windows Server 2019
os.arch:amd64
os.version:10.0
[Show All]

Available Processors:48
Memory in Use:365.3 MB
JVM current total memory:501.0 MB
Free memory:135.7 MB
JVM max memory:4.0 GB
System memory:379.9 GB
Application Server:Apache Tomcat/9.0.65
Servlet API Version:4.0
JSP API Version:2.3
Application Details
Current Schema Version:20221220
Original Code Version:20190905
Current Code Version:20221220
Import Version:4.53
Build Type:FULLVERSION
Current Session Count:1
Current Session Timeout:1800 seconds
Application Server Boot Time:April 14, 2024 at 9:54:19 PM PDT
Current Server Time:April 15, 2024 at 6:17:04 AM PDT (America/Los_Angeles -0700)
Request Listener:Initialised
Request Count:3
Configuration Database:MySQL 5.5.45-Raintree 3.7.17-log
Encryption Functions:Ok
BIRT Report Engine:Not available
Task Schedule Enabled:true
System Task Manager Enabled:true
Webservices Enabled:true
Hardware Hash:ABVd3h/+
Locale Information
JVM Locale:en_US (en)
Request Locale:en_US (en)
RefCode languages:EN_US, EN
Browser interface language:en-US
[Show all locales]
Licence
Licence Valid:Yes
Licenced To:Raintree Systems, Inc.
Products:N/A
FeatureLicenceCurrent
Server Name:Bi-APTBi-APT
localhost
Licenced Type:FULLVERSIONFULLVERSION (or DEVELOPMENT)
Licence Issue Date:2023-09-272024-04-15
Expiration Date:2024-08-31138 Days Left
Data Sources:22
Client Data Sources:2
Consumers:0 (14)14
Writers:206
Dashboard:2020
Server Cores:9948
Multicast:9948 (Enabled)
Clients:
Concurrent Users:1
Concurrent Named Users:-
Concurrent User Mode:DISABLED
Signals Consumers:2020
REST Access for User Licence:--
NLQ Access for Licence:--
Restricted Functions:
JDBC Drivers:[Show Drivers]

Path:[Show Path]

JSP Classpath:[Show Classpath]

Library Versions:[Show Library Versions]

API Information

REST API Version:2.0
photo

Hello Scott

Thank you for sharing the file. I have checked in the license and multicast is enabled. We can send a report to the external email address please check the "multicast reports" function needs to be enabled at the User Role level - 585a74d5dc9d948933cae1a138e28bd3

The content should be set to "unsecured" for this function to work.

6a1abbc795fa45018b4cffcb3ada0f3c

Once this is set up, if you enter the email address and hit enter, does the email address remain in the box in black?

184c2e3aee0836b463aea37c31d97967

Please let me know if you have already enabled this feature and are still experiencing issues when sending a broadcast to external email addresses.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Siddhartha,

It was the Email & Broadcast Security setting. I was set for "All Users." When I switched it to "Unsecured," the reports ran and delivered properly. I would have never found this setting on my own, so I am super grateful for your assistance.

This matter is resolved. Thank you again

Regards,

Scott

photo

Hello Scott Erickson

I am glad to hear the issue was resolved. If you have any other issue please contact us again by opening up a new ticket and we will provide additional support.

We value the customer experience and feedback and would like to understand your experience from our recent interaction. Please spare a moment to respond to the quick survey that was sent; we assure you, it won’t take much time to answer!
Your valuable feedback will help us serve you better in the future. Thank you for taking the time.

Thank you,

Siddartha Pathi

Leave a Comment

Attach a file