System Administrator Password Lockout

Adil A shared this question 36 days ago
Answered

Good afternoon,

We have locked ourselves out of the System Administrator account in our instance of BMC Smart Reporting (v 8.0.9.2). This occured after 3 unsuccessful login attempts. The administrator account is required to be unlocked/available for the linkages between Smart Reporting and other BMC Suite components. While we are getting assistance in resetting the password, our concern is this:

It appears that if someone has the Smart Reporting login page link (which is quite generic), they can attempt to login as the system administrator 'siadmin' 3 times (with no knowledge of the password), which would effectively lock Smart Reporting down for any other users/administrators, and which could not be fixed until another password reset for the system admin account could be done. This is a significant risk in our context.

Is there a way to adjust the overall system administrator username to a unique value? Or to adjust the lockout configuration such that 3 login attempts does not completely shut Smart Reporting down?

Thank you.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello Adil A

Thank you for submitting this request to the Yellowfin Technical Support Team. My name is Siddartha Pathi and I will be supporting you with this issue. . I wanted to reach out to inform you that we are currently in the process of reviewing your account information in our internal system. As soon as we have completed our review and have obtained further information, we will promptly reach out to you again.

Sincerely,

Siddartha Pathi
Yellowfin Technical Support

photo

Hello Adil

We do not have the necessary information regarding the setup for smart reporting. However, we highly recommend reaching out to the BMC support team for assistance with your query, as they are the best-suited resource to provide guidance in this matter. If you have any questions or require further assistance regarding smart reporting, please get in touch with BMC at bmcyf@bmc.com.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hello Adil

I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through the below response. If you can let us know that would be great.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hello Adil

I hope you got assistance from the BMC support team for this question. Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever want to revisit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Thank you,

Siddhartha

Yellowfin Technical Support

Leave a Comment

Attach a file