Yellowfin GUI Translation

Yilmaz Korkmaz shared this question 46 days ago
On Hold

Hello,

I have one YF 7.x instance and I can use Turkish on YF GUI (I'm not talking about Content translation) but as you can understand, it's quite old.

I installed another YF instance on docker container with v9.9 but I cannot find any option in Administration screen nor Configuration settings.

I found a javascript language file and I changed something on it and saved as text_tr.js but I don't know that how I can change GUI language to this file.

Is there any way to do it ?

Regards,

Replies (6)

photo

Hello Yilmaz,

Thank you for reaching out to Yellowfin Support. My name is Ankit, and I'll be assisting you with the reported query. I will take a look at it with the details shared and get back to you with the findings shortly. Please let us know if you have any more questions; we will be happy to help.

Regards,

Ankit Asati

Yellowfin Support Team.

photo

Hello Yilmaz,

Thanks for your patience thus far,

By using the configuration options below, you can enable the multilingual option and choose the preferred language for your profile. Attached screenshots for the reference.

Goto Main Menu > Administration > Configuration > Select Region tab (Globe Icon) > Language settings > Enable multi language option. > Add the preferred language.

Goto Profile option > Profile settings > Regional settings > Select time zone and preferred language and save.

Hope the information helps! let us know if you have any more questions; we will be happy to help.

Regards,

Ankit Asati

photo

Hello Ankit,

Can we change a role's preferred language?

Regards,

Yilmaz

photo

Hello Ankit,

I copied text_en_US.js file outside the YF, translated some property values from English to Turkish, saved as text_tr.js, copied this file into appserver/webapps/ROOT/js/text/ path but nothing changed.

I selected Turkish as preferred language from menu that you shown in attachment. I restarted the container but no change.

The interesting thing; There is only Turkish in Preferred Language dropdown list.

This issue is quite important for us because we cannot upgrade YF at one of our customers because of this GUI Language problem.

9d65e1f5d193a68d80ab3d6ca9ceccb5

0137159fa506c8aee151897da241ed9a

Regards,

photo

Hi Yilmaz,

Thanks for your patience so far.

As per the available configuration in yellowfin the preferred languages cannot be configured at role level.

However, I will still verify it as you tried it with the js file. Request if you can please let us know about your current yellowfin version.

Have a great day ahead.

Regards,

Ankit Asati

photo

Hi Ankit,

We are trying this in v9.9

Actually, if we can set preferred language as globally, it is also ok.

Regards,

Yilmaz

photo
photo

Hello Yilmaz,

Thank you for your patience.

This is to keep you informed that we have submitted a Jira task to the Product Team for reported query about using Turkish language for GUI translation. As soon as we hear back from them, I will update this case for your visibility. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or concerns; we would be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ankit Asati

Leave a Comment

Attach a file