Report option not available after installing v9.10.0.1

Tiago shared this question 2 months ago
Completed

Hi.

I wasn't sure where to put this post, here or on Report Builder.

I am new with Yellowfin and installed v9.10.0.1 a couple weeks ago in 2 computers.

On my local computer, everything looks good since the beginning.

On the remote computer, and after installing Yellowfin, the Report option wasn't available after clicking on Create (+) button.

Only after changing settings, and moving the Create button to the left panel, the Report option appeared.

Best regards,

Tiago

Best Answer
photo

Hi Yamini.

It looks like the problem was indeed in the Content folder.

I installed Yellowfin without the tutorial, SkyTeam, on the remote computer, and the Report button isn't available because no Content folder exist.

After creating Content folder, the button appeared.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Tiago

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Tiago,

Thank you for reaching out to Yellowfin Support

I will take a look at it with the details shared and get back to you with the findings shortly. Please let us know if you have any more questions; we will be happy to help.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello Tiago,

This seems to be little strange but could you please try changing the setting back to the top right and see if that functions as it should? I can see the button for creating reports when I switch the settings back to the top right from the left navigation.

When there is no content folder, the report option usually doesn't show up, but if it does, it indicates that a content folder has been established.

Did you created the content folder after switching the setting? Might be possible that it was not created before.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini.

Yes, it looks strange.

I don't know the real reason to the Report button doesn't appear just after installation, and to appear when the settings for the create button was modified. And I can't remember if I created a content folder after of before the Report button appears. Sorry.

I will do what you as soon as possible,

Than you.

Best regards,

Tiago

photo

Hi Yamini.

It looks like the problem was indeed in the Content folder.

I installed Yellowfin without the tutorial, SkyTeam, on the remote computer, and the Report button isn't available because no Content folder exist.

After creating Content folder, the button appeared.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Tiago

photo

Hello Tiago,

Thanks for the update

I'm happy to hear that the issue is now resolved for you. I'll close this ticket now. Please feel free to contact Yellowfin Support when ever you have any concern with regards to Yellowfin, we would be happy to assist.

Best regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file