Charts Resetting

Daniel Foss shared this question 2 months ago
Completed

Is there a more intuitive way to filter and reset without using check boxes?

Replies (14)

photo

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for reaching out to Yellowfin Support. My name is Sharwari Inkane, and I'll be assisting you with the issue reported as charts resetting.

I will take a look at it with the details shared and get back to you with the findings shortly. Please let us know if you have any more questions; we will be happy to help.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Daniel,

Could you please provide additional details about your question? A more detailed explanation. along with a screenshot, would help me better understand and assist you effectively.
Thank you!

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Daniel,

I hope all is well.

I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Daniel,

Greetings for the Day.

This is a follow up reminder that 2 days have passed without any activity in this ticket. When there's no activity, it usually means either that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant and after 5 days (2 days from now) without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed.

If this is not the case, please do reply and let us know how we can be of further assistance, we would be happy to assist.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Yellowfin, I just saw these emails and will get you corrected to the correct people. I've added most to this message. 

Sent from a mobile device.

photo

Hello,

The current workflow to zoom into charts is non-intuitive. Normally you just mark an area of the chart and it just zooms into it. Here you need to mark an area and go into the filter options. To reset the zoom it's even less intuitive. Instead of a reset button that usually shows, you need to get again to the filter and reset it.

photo

Hello Daniel/Amir,

In order to clarify the things, we would like to schedule a remote session based on your availability. I'm accessible from 09 pm to 06 am IST, Monday through Friday. Please confirm your availability so we can send you an invitation.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hi Sharwari,

Please set a meeting on Monday at 3PM EST. Hope this time works for you.

Thank you

photo

Hello Amir,

This is to inform you that an invitation to a team meeting has been forwarded to you for Monday, 12th February at 3:00 pm EST (Tuesday, 1:30 am IST). To join the meeting, click the following link.

Join on your computer, mobile app or room device

Click here to join the meeting

Meeting ID: 483 607 401 134

Passcode: Ls6e43

Download Teams | Join on the web

Learn More | Meeting options

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Amir,

Thanks for your time over remote session. This is to keep you informed that we have submitted a Jira task to the Product Team for further review or clarification. As soon as we hear back from them, I will update this case for your visibility.

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or concerns; we would be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Daniel/Amir,

Greetings for the Day!

I have shared the video recording (https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/f/c15dc01dde470058) with the team, and they have provided feedback stating that the Filter reset will not function as expected because a filter using the Invoiced Amount on the Dashboard has not been applied. Instead, what has been implemented is Chart Brushing (more information here), a more interactive and advanced method for filtering data.

If the Filter option is not being used, then there's no need to have the Filter placed on the Dashboard, instead, one can simply add an Action Button to perform a Dashboard Reset thus resulting in "a more intuitive way to filter and reset without using check boxes?"

You can review the video demonstrating the difference between using the filter and chart Brushing, along with the Action Button, here:
https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/f/e70f9381d404269a

Kindly review and let me know if this addresses your concerns or if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Daniel/Amir,

I hope all is well.

I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Daniel/Amir,

Greetings for the day.

This is a follow up reminder that 2 days have passed without any activity in this ticket. When there's no activity, it usually means either that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant and after 5 days (2 days from now) without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed.

If this is not the case, please do reply and let us know how we can be of further assistance, we would be happy to assist.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Daniel/Amir,

Greetings for the Day.

This email is to notify you that we believe that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that this ticket can be resolved for now. Because of age and inactivity I am going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed. However, if you ever wanted to revisit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let us know, we will be more than happy to do so.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

Leave a Comment

Attach a file