How to update CSS of yellowfin component to hide and show section in Iframe

Amal Chaturvedi shared this question 3 months ago
Completed

I am opening the yellowfin UI in my website page by using IFRAME approach. Now my requirement is to update some UI of yellowfin via I-frame. So how can we do it.

For an example. In attached snapshot I want to remove yellow highlighted section from Yellowfin UI.
So is there any way to update it.

Your asap response will be appreciated.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello Amal,

Thank you for reaching out to Yellowfin Support. My name is Priya, and I'll be assisting you with the issue reported as [How to update CSS of yellowfin component to hide and show section in Iframe].

We can certainly update the logo by following the instructions outlined in the provided link. However, based on the screenshot, it appears that the entire file needs modification. Please be aware that customization options from Yellowfin's side are limited. For further details, you can refer to the following link:[https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Restyling+Yellowfin].

NOTE: I wanted to inform you that Versions 7 and 8 are currently outside the scope of our support. Regrettably, we are unable to provide assistance for these versions. I strongly recommend considering an upgrade to the latest supported version, which is Version 9.

You can find the latest version and related information at the following link: [Link to Version 9]. If you encounter any issues during the transition or have further questions, feel free to reach out.

Let me know if you have any additional questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with. We're here to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Priya.

photo

we are using version 9. Sorry for bit confusion.

photo

Hello Amal,

Thank you for the update and please check the links provided and let me know if you have any additional questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with. We are happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Priya.

photo
photo

Hello Amal,

I hope you are doing well.

I just wanted to check in and see how it's all going. Is there anything else you need from me to help with this? If you can get back to me that would be great.

Thanks & Regards,

Priya.

photo

Hello Amal,

Greetings for the Day.

This is a follow-up reminder that 2 days have passed without any activity in this ticket. When there's no activity, it usually means either that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant and after 5 days (2 days from now) without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed.

If this is not the case, please do reply and let us know how we can be of further assistance, we would be happy to assist.

Thanks & Regards,

Priya.

photo

Nope, issue is not resolved yet. Actually we are working on other priority task. So once will work then will try to find the solution and will take help if needed.

photo

Hello Amal,

Thank you for keeping us informed. Just to help me better understand, do you have an estimated time frame as to when you might be able to try it out.

Thanks & Regards,

Priya.

photo

Also we have a problem that we have installed the yellowfin using AWS docker container. And as per the documentation, we will have to put custom CSS in root directory. So it is little challenging for us. We are trying to find out the solution for the same.
If you have anything regarding it then please do share.
Thanks
Amal

photo

Hello Amal, Good Day!

I wanted to bring to your attention that we have a couple of Knowledge Base (KB) articles that might assist with your Docker container.

1.https://github.com/YellowfinBI/Docker/tree/master/Docker%20Files/yellowfinAllInOne
2.https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Docker#Docker-Dockerarchitecture-typicalDockerswarmcluster

Also, I would like to share Yellowfin Directory_Structure_details here!
Please take a moment to review these KB articles, as they may contain the required information. If, however, the information within these articles does not help! I recommend reaching out to your IT team for further assistance. They would be best positioned to provide support based on your specific setup and requirements.

If you have any additional questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with, please reach out to us we are happy to help!

Thanks & Regards,

Priya.

photo

Hello Amal,

I hope you are doing well.

I just wanted to check in and see how it's all going. Could you please let us know if Is there anything else you need from me to help with this? If you can get back to me that would be great.

Thanks & Regards,

photo

Hello Amal,

Greetings for the Day.

This is a follow-up reminder that 2 days have passed without any activity in this ticket. When there's no activity, it usually means either that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant and after 5 days (2 days from now) without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed.

If this is not the case, please do reply and let us know how we can be of further assistance, we would be happy to assist.

Thanks & Regards,

Priya.

photo

Hello Amal,

Greetings for the Day.
This email is to notify you that we believe that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that this ticket can be resolved for now.
Because of age and inactivity, I am going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed for now. However,
if you ever want to revisit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let us know, we will be more than happy to do so.

Thanks & Regards,

Priya.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file