Supressing row total blank or 0 in a report

Joonas K shared this question 3 months ago
Completed

I am building a cross tab report. I am showing Spend per Game. The view (dataset) that I am building this report based on, has spend and users as metrics. In some instances I have users in a game, but no spend. These lines appear as blank in my report. I would like to hide them, i.e. suppress any rows of data where the total is blank or 0.

Yellowfin version 8.0.4.

How do I achieve this?

Example below:

b000f7b3da92ea3d187cf25f351ab292

Replies (5)

photo

Hello Joonas,

Thank you for reaching out to Yellowfin Support. My name is Yamini Naidu, and I'll be assisting you with the issue.

I will take a look at it with the details shared and get back to you with the findings shortly.

Regards,
Yamini Naidu
Yellowfin Support Team.

photo

Hello Joonas,

I've included a link below that demonstrates how to hide the row with empty values. Please click the link once and let me know whether it is successful for you.

https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/f/9a3bd7dea2474c42

Note: You need to disable the display empty values option. We can see the display empty values option only when we have some fields in row. This option will remove all the empty values in that row.

9cce3f611aca4f7eacb6baa144a8c03d

Case 2: If you have created the table like this as given below,

cfc785cdc7b2e53aeeb25eeaa82c198d

The option "record per page" is available. Since you only need to see six rows in your scenario, you can set the record per page to six, which will remove the seventh row.

ad7a3a1d65bddfff76ca1887ee900214

As shown below

aa19bc76575caab97ac0053b9d277222

Note: I would like to inform you that version 8 is no longer supported, I would certainly recommend you to please give it a try by installing the latest supported version which would be Version 9. For your reference, you can get that from this link.

https://portal.yellowfinbi.com/public/releases/home

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello Joonas,

Hope you are doing well.

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Thank you!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Dear Joonas,

Greetings for the Day.

This is a follow up reminder that 2 days have passed without any activity in this ticket. When there's no activity, it usually means either that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant and after 5 days (2 days from now) without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed. If this is not the case, please do reply and let us know how we can be of further assistance, we would be happy to assist.

Regards,
Yamini Naidu

photo

Dear Joonas,

Greetings for the Day.

This email is to notify you that we believe that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that this ticket can be resolved for now. Because of age and inactivity I am going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed. However, if you ever wanted to revisit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let us know, we will be more than happy to do so.

Regards,
Yamini Naidu

Leave a Comment

Attach a file