Show Spend as a % in a crosstab report

Joonas K shared this question 3 months ago
Completed

Hello,

I have a cross tab report. Date in Columns. Game and Spend in Rows. It's showing correct values and this is how I want my report to display, but I am in need to display the values for each Game as a % of Total in that column.

I tried using the "Percentage of Total" Advanced Function on my Spend metric, and while it sums up the % of total, it sums it up the wrong way (horizontally, so each game's lifetime spend amounts to 100 %)...

I need it to figure out how to sum it vertically because I want to display the total spend per date as 100 %, and then display the % per game.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Joonas,

Thank you for reaching out to Yellowfin Support.

My name is Sharwari Inkane, and I'll be assisting you with the issue reported as Show Spend as a % in a crosstab report.

I will take a look at it with the details shared and get back to you with the findings shortly. Please let us know if you have any more questions; we will be happy to help.

In addition to that, could you please provide information on the version and build of Yellowfin you are currently running? Also, could you please share video recording or screenshots to help me understand it better?

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Sharwari, thank you for helping. I am running version 8.0.4

Let me attach a demonstration. In the below screenshot I am using an "advanced function" which is Percentage of Total. It's displaying the % values horisontally (red) instead of vertically (green) which is how I want to display it. I want to show the % spend that each game made per date.

b400903ffc2ea8d10292b4a6f802fb45

photo

Hello Joonas,

We would like to have a remote session with you to discuss further in regards to this issue based on your availability. I'm accessible from 9 pm to 6 am IST, Monday through Friday. Please confirm your availability so we can send you an invitation.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Sharwari. Sounds like there is no simple solution? The request is essentially to sum up a cross tab report % vertically instead of % horisontally. I am not against remote sessions but that would be provided there is a solution. I do still prefer to chat here however.

Below another example. LEFT = What I am after. RIGHT = What it's currently doing.

780f6095b5ec229fb5325078689cba96

photo

Hello Joonas,

Sorry for delayed response.

I attempted a similar approach using the ski team database by placing the invoiced date in the column and athlete region along with the invoiced amount in rows. However, it appears that this structure might not support the desired outcome.

c0646b09dd0e02e8029ade694358b454

Upon rearranging the layout with athlete region in the column and invoiced amount, invoiced date in rows, it seems to align more closely with your requirements.

88ba14244440c1763d39b43952327d68

I suggest trying to place Game in the column and spend along with the date in rows to see if this configuration meets your needs. Feel free to let me know if you encounter any issues or have additional questions.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Joonas,

I hope all is well.

I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Joonas,

Greetings for the Day.

This is a follow up reminder that 2 days have passed without any activity in this ticket. When there's no activity, it usually means either that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant and after 5 days (2 days from now) without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed.

If this is not the case, please do reply and let us know how we can be of further assistance, we would be happy to assist.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Joonas,

Greetings for the Day.

This email is to notify you that we believe that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that this ticket can be resolved for now. Because of age and inactivity I am going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed. However, if you ever wanted to revisit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let us know, we will be more than happy to do so.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file