Formatting and Customizing Broadcasts with HTML, CSS and/or Filter Tags

Adm Golub shared this question 3 months ago
Completed

Hello. I am new to YellowFin. YF is the BI Product where I work, and I am trying to use it to send broadcasts with a lot of information in them to a lot of different individuals. The people we are trying to reach do not have a lot of time and the emails as is are hard to read and confusing. I want to make them easier to read with formatting and individualization.

My questions are:

1. Can I use CSS and HTML within the Email Body of the broadcast?
  2. Can I customize the email Subject Line and Body of the broadcast with filter tags [filter: Agency]?

Thank you for any help that you can offer.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Adam,

Thanks for reaching out to support with your questions. And welcome to the Yellowfin Community. Wondering if your organization has taken advantage of Yellowfin University training or extended services as per contract? You may be entitled to some complementary education along with a block of hours for personalized content creation assistance through our consulting partners in this case, this is a great way to get "on your feet" with the product so to speak.

1. Custom HTML "should" work in email body; that said I could imagine the underlying email formatting may interfere with the custom codde you are trying to use. You can submit any specific issues you might encounter though a unique ticket; the simpler the code the better for replication purposes in this case. I believe we also have an idea request for "full email customization" as opposed to using the default YF email style if that sounds more like what you're aiming to achieve, I can get you added to that task.

2. Yes the subject can include filter tags, here is an example -

2a9bbe4f89f7f87f8756f6adc76d2f87

That said there have been caveats to this function with certain filter setups, this was fixed in 8.0.10 for example

filter parameter in broadcast email subject - Emails are not sent when a report has In List date filter

Let us know in a separate ticket if you have any specific issues like this, some A/B testing with different filter setups can be especially helpful here.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need anything additionally.

Thanks,
Eric

photo

Hi Adm,

Just wanted to check in to make sure you had what you needed here.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Hi Adm,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed due to inactivity at this time. Feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Thanks,

Eric

photo

Sorry For the Delayed reply. I am talking with my team about adding us to the idea request for "full email customization." They are working with Yellowfin as we, Alameda County Behavioral Health's Quality Improvement and Data Analytics Division, have just Upgraded to the latest version of YF. It would be great to at least have a format bar like the one in this comment box, with the addition of the ability to control font point size.

photo

I have talked to my team, Alameda County Behavioral Health's Quality Improvement and Data Analytics Division, and we would love to be added to the idea request for "full email customization!" Please, let me know the next steps. Thank you for your help.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file