Broadcast Issues.

Izak van der Merwe shared this question 3 months ago
Answered

I am experiencing issues at a client with broadcasting.

The broadcast icon on the report is no longer available (used to be).

I checked the relevant Roles and made sure that broadcasting options are enabled there.

As a last check I selected the data source in question to check whether broadcasts are enabled there, but there is no option as per my other data sources.

What could be causing this?

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Izak,
Thank you for reaching out to Yellowfin Support. My name is Priya, and I'll be assisting you with the issue reported as Broadcast Issues.

Could you please provide the following details to investigate further:

• Can you please confirm if the issue is occurring for all reports or just for one specific report
  • Could you please provide the screenshot of the role permissions and both data sources that have the option of broadcast and which don't have the option.
  • Could you please provide the info. jsp.

Please let us know if you have any more questions; we will be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Priya.

photo

Hi Priya, I managed to find the issue.

Currently Yellowfin does not allow pass-through authenticated data sources to broadcast outside of the organisation and therefore the broadcast option is not available for selection.

When will this be resolved so that users can broadcast outside of their org with pass-through authentication turned on?

photo

Hello Izak,

Apologies for the delay in response, I have tested this in my environment. However, the results are same Could you please confirm which version you are currently on so that we can proceed further.

Thanks & Regards,

Priya.

photo
System Information
Application Version:9.8.1.2
Build:20230208
photo

Hello Izak,

I hope you are doing well.

After conducting an investigation, we have found that in order to see the Broadcast option in the Data source, it is necessary to enable the "Allow external access" feature.

eee2ea2ccaef7c56bb3bdaf43bf01e15

I trust that this information will be helpful to you. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, as we are always happy to assist you

Thanks & Regards,

Priya.

photo

Good day, that unfortunately does not solve the problem.
The only way is to switch of Passthrough Authentication.

de76c84b4c1e34cbef6fb044a788b6c6

29184ee1182dd09487659db59a6af11e

photo
photo

Indeed, pass through authentication does not work with broadcasts as I believe it requires the session bean to get the credentials. Since broadcasts are background processes with no session, there is no credentials available

We had the same question and the only solution is to create your own custom authentication adapter. Every data source connection has a "context" to it so for background contexts like broadcast or cached filter refresh, you can override the passthrough connection with a standard authentication one.

photo

Ok, thanks you for your assistance. It seems we will have to relook how we handle the security.

photo

We found that if you already have standard authentication credentials stored with the data source, even if you are not using them as you are using pass through, you can just switch to it without referencing the creds themselves. You then rely on the standard Yellowfin security model for data source connections

photo

Hello Izak,

I hope you are doing well.

Just wanted to check in and see how it's all going.
Is there anything else you are needing from me to help with this? If you can get back to me that would be great.

Thanks & Regards,

Priya.

photo

Hi Priya,

All good thank you, nothing to assist with at the moment.

Thanks again for the support received.

photo

Hello Izak,

I'm glad to hear everything is going well. If you have no further assistance needed, would you like to proceed with closing the ticket.

Thanks & Regards,

Priya.

photo

Yes please.

photo

Hello Izak,

Thank you very much for the confirmation. I will now go ahead and mark this ticket as completed.
Feel free to reach out to us if you have any other questions or concerns; we would be more than happy to assist you.
Have a great rest of your day!

Thanks & Regards,

Priya.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file