Run a scheduled report only showing changes from last run report.

David Orr shared this question 6 months ago
Completed

Hi All,

I am trying to figure out how I could run a scheduled report that will only show me the changes that have occurred from the last run report? I have a report that runs every hour from an SQL query. However what I would like is to only show the data that was not present in the previous report. I know I can have the SQL script run to limit the data from the previous hour, but what happens if this report fails to run for 2 consecutive runs?

Replies (8)

photo

Hello David,

Thanks for reaching out to Yellowfin Support. Allow me some time to look into this request, I'll investigate this request internally and get back to you with my findings.

Thanks!

Priya.

photo

Hello David,

Could you please confirm the below to better understand your question?

• where exactly you are looking for those changes? in the report data or in audit content or in the Database etc..
  • May I know what type of report it is?

Also, I am happy to jump on a call to check the requirement!

I am usually available between 6:00 am-3:00 pm IST, Please let me know your available time so that can check this in the screen share session!

Thanks,

Priya.

photo

Hi Priya,

I have a query that pulls data from a database that shows what time and date someone did a particular action. What I would like to know if I can do is to run a report showing all of this data for the first time. Then for the next report only show the data that wasn't included in the first report. Then for the 3rd report only show data that wasn't included in the first and second report. Does this help explain a bit better?

photo

Hello David, Good Day!

Thanks for sharing the details! I understand your request here! I just have a couple of more things to understand and check on a live basis!

I would like to jump on a quick screen share session, Please confirm your available time so that I can roll out a meeting invite will check this on call!

photo

Hello David,

I hope you are doing well.

I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through my response. If you can get back to me that would be great.

Thanks,

Priya.

photo

Hello David,

It's been 4 days since my initial response, with this I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through my reply.
If you can get back to me that would be great.

Thanks,

Priya.

photo

Hey sorry, it was a long weekend here in Australia and wasn't checking up on my emails. Happy to jump on a call when you are free. I am free most of today.

photo

Hello David,

Apologies for the delay, I've scheduled this meeting at 8:30 am IST Today. Please use this link to join.

Let me know if you need any changes, Happy to help you further.

Thanks,

Priya.

photo
photo

Hello David,

I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through my response. If you can get back to me that would be great.

Thanks,

Priya.

photo

Hello David,

I hope you are doing well, Apologies for the delay in response.

As per your requirement, I have tried to achieve this but I couldn't find any feasible way to achieve the requirement. also, I have checked with my wider team & the team has confirmed that unfortunately, it is not feasible within the Yellowfin it seems.

Apologies for the bad news, Please feel free to respond here if you have any additional questions, I am happy to help!

Thanks,

Priya.

photo

Hello David,

Thanks,

Priya.

photo

Hello David,

I just wanted to double-check to see if you require any assistance with this, If not I will go ahead and mark this as completed.
I would appreciate hearing your comments.

Thanks & Regards,

Priya.

photo

Hello David,

It's been 6 days since my initial response, with this I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through my reply.
If you can get back to me that would be great.

Thanks,

Priya.

photo

Hello David, Good Day!

This email is to notify you that we believe that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that this ticket can be resolved for now.

Because of age and inactivity, I am going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed for now. However,
if you ever want to revisit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let us know, we will be more than happy to do so.

Thanks!

Priya.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file