Creating Yearly Compare of Data

Eliot Hunter shared this question 6 months ago
Completed

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to create a chart using a line graph to compare different financial years on the one graph. I have looked through the support pages / discussions and couldn't find anything relevant. The one guide I stumbled upon was the yearly comparisons tutorial on YouTube by the Yellowfin Team, however, in the end only one year was compared. I need to compare at least 3 years at the minute and then add future years to that as well.

Does anyone have any advice or guidance on how to do this? Thanks!

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Eliot,

Thank you for reaching out to yellowfin support,

I have gone through a video attached in below article for year-to-year comparison.

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/year-over-year-comparison

After enabling year comparison in chart settings, it does show the comparison for each year as below.

7ab460fa2987750375716b837bb9437c

70603467244c5f3c9ef94e31817b6aff

Let me know if this helps.

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hello Eliot,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my responses. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hi Nishant,

Thank you so much for getting back to me! That was the guide I followed and it was working well. The problem I hit was, it seemed like it was only working for 2 years then after inputting the 3rd year of comparison, the system would get confused and look at the previous year worth of data... I will try follow the guide one more time to see if it's user error :)

Thanks,

Eliot

photo
photo

Hello Eliot,

Thank you for the response,

Sure, let me know how it goes.

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hello Eliot,

I hope all is well,

I just want to check-in to see if you are all set or if you need further assistance here?

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hello Eliot,

I hope all is well,

This is a follow up reminder that 2 days have passed without any activity in this ticket. When there's no activity, it usually means either that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant and after 5 days (2 days from now) without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed.

If this is not the case, please do reply and let us know how we can be of further assistance, we would be happy to assist.

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hi Nishant,

Apologies in delay. Have been busy with other projects. I followed the guide and are still having problems trying to create a yearly comparison.

Thanks,

Eliot

photo

Hello Eliot,

I hope all is well,

Could you share screen recording of complete steps that you followed to create yearly comparison to replicate it locally.

Regards

Nishant

photo

Hi Nishant,

I hope you are well.

I have spoken with my colleagues on this and I'm not sure whether I can share the screen recording due to highly sensitive data, once I receive a reply, I will let you know by replying here or opening up another ticket.

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Eliot

photo

Hello Eliot,

I hope all is well,

This email is to notify you that we believe that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that this ticket can be resolved for now. Because of age and inactivity, I am going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed.

However, if you ever wanted to revisit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let us know, we will be more than happy to do so.

Regards

Nishant

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file