Where to find if a view is not activated

David Orr shared this question 6 months ago
Completed

I believe someone has accidently modified a view without activating it through the UI and this has caused all the reports that use that view to disappear. Is there a way to re-activate a view through the UI or does it have to be done through the DB. And also will the reports automatically come back if the view is re-activated?

Replies (9)

photo

Hello David,

Thanks for reaching out to Yellowfin Support. Allow me some time to look into this request, I'll investigate this issue internally and get back to you with my findings.

Thanks!

Chaithanya V M.

photo

Hi David,

Could you please confirm the below questions?

• Are we able to see the Draft view in the front end?
  • Is this view modified from the front end or the back end?
  • I have tried to modify the view and didn't activate but still, I can able to see the respected view-related reports!
  • Can you please share the view details by running the below query? Hope you are using SQL DB!

select * from ReportView where ViewName='enter view name';

Thanks!

photo

It is on a customers site and I am unable to remote in. It all has to be done on site. So please give me some time. The other answers:

• Are we able to see the Draft view in the front end? No. It seems to have dissapeared as well as the reports that are tied to it.
  • Is this view modified from the front end or the back end? From the front end, through the UI.

photo

Hi David,

Sure, Please reconfirm the details and get the query result from the customer so that we may get more understanding about the issue!

Thanks!

photo

Hello David, Good Day!

I just want to touch base to see if we have an update from the customer. If you can get back to me that would be great.

Thanks!
Chaithanya V M.

photo

Hello David,

Good Morning!

I'm stepping here on behalf of @Vemu Chaitanya . I just wanted to check in to see if the customer has provided any updates. Four days have passed with no updates from your end. If the problem still exists, do let me know; I'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Dear David,

Greetings for the Day.

This is a follow up reminder that few days have passed without any activity in this ticket. When there's no activity, it usually means either that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant and after 5 days (2 days from now) without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed. If this is not the case, please do reply and let us know how we can be of further assistance, we would be happy to assist.

Regards,
Yamini Naidu

photo

It can be closed. I am unable to get information at the moment. Thanks for your help.

photo

Hello David,

Good Morning!

Thanks for your response. I'll close this ticket as of now. Feel free to contact Yellowfin Support when ever you have any concern, we would be happy to assist.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

Leave a Comment

Attach a file