The software license has been breached. How do I fix it?

Scudfest shared this question 6 months ago
Completed

I have logged in to our Yellowfin instance this morning and have got the message: The software license has been breached.

I don't understand what I am supposed to do now.

I have attached a snapshot of the license page which shows a couple of warning icons.

Even if they were the cause of the issue, how am I supposed to rectify it?

thanks

Replies (9)

photo

Hello Scudfest,

Thank you for reaching out to the Yellowfin support.

We are currently reviewing this case. We will get back to you with the findings shortly.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Scudfest,

We would request that you drop an email to the license team at licenserequest@Yellowfin.bi , who deals with license-related inquiries. I am sure they should be able to fulfill the requirements. Please make sure to share the hostname and other existing license details in the email for easy assistance.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Is this email monitored 24/7?

I have several clients waiting for this to brought back online.

thanks

photo

I started to delete users and the breach notice disappeared.
I'm not sure if another team member added a user overnight or if Yellowfin waits for a period of time before the breach notice is activated.

Thanks

photo

Hello Scudfest,

Thanks for your response. It's great to hear that the license breach notice has disappeared. Please confirm if you have any further questions or concerns. If not, I will proceed to mark this case as completed.
Thank you!

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Scudfest,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Scudfest,

Greetings for the Day.

This is a follow up reminder that 2 days have passed without any activity in this ticket. When there's no activity, it usually means either that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant and after 5 days (2 days from now) without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed.

If this is not the case, please do reply and let us know how we can be of further assistance, we would be happy to assist.

Regards
Sharwari Inkane

photo

I am in touch with the licensing people.

You can close this ticket.

photo

Hello Scudfest,

I appreciate your response. I will go ahead and mark this case as completed. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any other questions or concerns; we would be more than happy to assist you.

Have a great rest of your day!

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

Leave a Comment

Attach a file