Append Broadcast Time in report header

David Orr shared this question 6 months ago
Completed

Hi, Apologies if this has already been answered. But I would like to know about the Append Broadcast Time for a CSV report that is broadcast over CSV.

If I tick to Append Broadcast Date and Time and say the report runs at 14:00 and finishes at 14:01 is the appended time 1400 or 1401?

Replies (14)

photo

Hello David,

Thank you for reaching out to Yellowfin Support

Allow me some time to look into this issue. Meanwhile could you let me know the current yellowfin version and build you are using. I would require info.jsp, to access this page, just append info.jsp to your YF url.

E.g. http://localhost:8080/info.jsp

Additionally, could you please share the recoding of the procedure you are doing just for verification via ftp link below. In the ftp link provided below, you can share any files or folders. By selecting the upload file option on the ftp link, you can upload the file without logging in.

https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/login?next=/files/User-Uploads

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini,

Thanks for looking into this. Please see version and build: I also attached a picture of what I am talking about.

System Information
Application Version:9.8.1.1
Build:20221220
Java Version:17.0.5
Operating System:Windows Server 2019 10.0 (amd64)
photo
photo

Hi Yamini,

I was more referring to the Time append and not the date. I.e. if I run it now and it takes 5 minutes is the time appended the time the report starts or the time that it ends?

photo

Hello David,

Allow me some time to look into this, I will get back to you with my findings.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

And just another follow up question, what encryption is used for the password when connecting to the SFTP folder?

photo

Hello David,

Hope you are doing well

Sorry for the delay here; I'm experiencing some connection issues with ftp scheduling, so I'm following up with the wider team on this. Meanwhile, could you please let me know your company's name and company email address as I could not find?

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

HID Global. However we used to be Quantum Secure so it might still be registered under that name.

photo

Hello David,

Thanks for your response. May I also get your company email ID?

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

the domain name would be either @hidglobal.com or @quantumsecure.com

photo

Hello David,

I appreciate your prompt reply. I'm checking in on this matter with the development team. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from them with any updates.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello David,

Hope you are doing well

I apologize for the delayed reply. I was able to replicate the issue, and I've supplied a link to it below.
You can see that, when I enable the append date and time option and schedule ftp, the append time is the time/moment the report was received in the folder.
If you have any more queries, kindly view the video and let me know.

https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/f/fe79cad587a8ad0b

Additionally, with regards to your another question- "what encryption is used for the password when connecting to the SFTP folder?"- I used free open source FileZilla. Created a new password, configured a new user and assign a virtual and native path to it (where I can save my report).

c4d6e63d651065d016ca8162a07a2827

Below is the link for that. https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=server

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello David,

Hope you are doing well.

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Thank you!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Yes thank you. I believe then that the file name will be appended by the hh:mm:ss that it is broadcast to the folder and not the hh:mm:ss that the report first started running?

photo

Hello David,

Good Morning!

With regards to your question, I believe then that the file name will be appended by the hh:mm:ss that it is broadcast to the folder and not the hh:mm:ss that the report first started running?- Yes, and also I would request you to please give it a try from your end as well to check and confirm.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello David,

Hope you are doing well

Just checking in to see how things are going on your end. Do you have any more questions about this ticket, or may we close it at this time? If you have any questions, kindly let me know; I'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

You can close this one thanks Yamini

photo

Hello David,

Thanks for your confirmation. I'll close this ticket as of now. Feel free to contact Yellowfin Support when ever you have any concern, we would be happy to assist.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file