Persistent Assigning of Dashboard Based on User Group

Jasper Dan Estareja shared this question 7 months ago
Completed

Is there a way to force a dashboard to be always pinned to a user profile based on their current User Group?
We have User Groups with specific dashboards assigned to its members. Our client is looking at the possibility where an employee will be transferred from one User Group to another.

Sample scenario:
Group A has default dashboards A1 and A2.
Group B has default dashboards B1 and B2.
If an employee was transferred from Group A to Group B, dashboards A1 and A2 should be replaced by dashboards B1 and B2.

Is there a setting within Yellowfin that can allow this to happen?

Replies (7)

photo

Hello Jasper,

Thanks for reaching out to Yellowfin Support.

Allow me some time to look into this request, I'll investigate this request internally and get back to you with my findings.

Thanks!

Chaithanya V M.

photo

Hello Jasper,

I am happy to jump on a call to actually understand more about the request and try that on a live basis.

I am usually available between 6:00 am-3 pm IST, Please let me know your available time so that will check this in the screen share session.

Thanks!

photo

Hi Vemu,

I'm available 9am to 6pm Sydney time.

Thanks,
Jasper

photo

Hello Jasper,

Thanks for the confirmation, I have sent a meeting invite which is scheduled at 2:00 PM Sydney time, I hope this time will work for you!

Join on your computer, mobile app or room device

Click here to join the meeting

Meeting ID: 418 154 570 153

Passcode: tT4Bpp

Please let me know if any changes are required in the plan.

Thanks!

photo

Hello Jasper,

It was nice talking to you on the call! As we discussed I have tried to find an API to replace the Dashboard as per the user group and found this! https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/User+Group+and+Role+Administration+Services

As per the default dashboard KB article, we can only able to assign the default dashboard for the first login users!

62c5432d00e117f67454728e811ccdd8

There won't be any differences in functionality if we update the default dashboards in the user groups using web services as well!

I hope The workaround you are following currently will be the best way to achieve this requirement.

Sorry for the bad news! Please feel free to respond here if you have any additional questions, I am happy to help!

Thanks!

Chaithanya V M.

photo

Hi Vemu,

Thanks for the info. I guess we just have to make sure user don't remove dashboards from their profile.
With regards to the workaround from our end, our dev team was able to quickly modify the integration codes for the User Group updates. From our external Integrum software, it can now easily add and remove a user from a User Group. With this working, Content Folder restrictions and default dashboards should trigger properly.

You may now close this ticket.

Thanks,
Jasper

photo

Hi Jasper,

That's great news. Thank you for the confirmation. I will now go ahead and mark this case as completed.
Feel free to reach out to us if you have any other questions or concerns; we would be more than happy to assist you.
Have a great rest of your day!

Thanks!

Chaithanya V M.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file