Auto generate report name

Heng Yu shared this question 10 months ago
Completed

I am using the broadcasting to send the report on every Saturday, is there a way that to generate the report name include the date range like from Monday to Friday (eg. Report date from 2023-09-04 to 2023-09-08.pdf)?

Thanks

Replies (15)

photo

Hello Heng,

Thanks for reaching out to Yellowfin support.

We are currently reviewing this case. We will get back to you with the findings shortly.

Regards,

Hari Teja

photo

Thanks Hari,

I would like to add 2 follow-up questions related to the broadcasting.
1. I have added a user with the external email address, but the user can not receive the email, with saying Invalid Address, but the email address is valid, is that because we are using the Development type license to do the test?8a79c5d2de6eae6775f891614e7cc6af

2. I have set the Failure Notification, but the user in that group does not receive the notification. (the user's email address is valid, it can receive the broadcast report). Any suggestions?

c630df1f103bd4d7e58bf3de7245032e

Thanks

photo

Hi Heng,

Good day!

Your questions have been acknowledged and I will check with my wider team and get back to you with updates.

Regards,

Hari Teja

photo

Hello Heng,

Hope you are doing good!

After conducting a thorough review, I regret to inform you that, to the best of my knowledge, Yellowfin does not currently possess the functionality you are looking at. Are you looking for this option to be available? I’m not really sure if this can be possible, however if you would like me to touch base with the product team, I can do that for you.
For question 1: Is this happening with only one user or with multiple users with external email addresses.
For question 2: Does the user in that group have an external email address? and can you please provide the Yellowfin version details which you are using so that we can replicate in our local environment.

Regards,
Hari Teja

photo

Hello Hari,

Thanks for your quick response!

For the auto-create the date period in the report name part, I am not looking for the option for available. So it is no need to contact your product team.

For question 1: can not broadcast and email to external users. It happens for multiple users with external email addresses.

When I share the report for external user via email, it shows the following error message.

a8d7554224df77e723c2681cd12ab98d

When doing the broadcast the two users are both using different external emails, it shows the message

63c0875776d7df943c25eea0877841e7

And the following is the setting for the Mail Server, when I did the test email address using the external email address, it will show the error.(not only for gmail)

40f05a7dd15ebd6b7a3781e517468f4c

Since we are doing some tests, so it using the Development license, here is some info for the license

b5e931e50c8e69b24cf96e56274dae43

For question2: The user in the group should receive the Broadcast Failure notice using the company address, not the external email. (some note: the user can receive the report broadcast email and the license expiration notice email, but when the broadcast fails, the user can not receive the email)

The following is the info for the Yellowfin version we are using.

c7cb2dc0606e517e22f1b845b3a3219b

Thanks

** EXTERNAL EMAIL - USE CAUTION **
photo

Hello Heng,

Hope you are doing well.

I would like to schedule a remote session for this issue. Kindly let us know when you'll be free. So that we can schedule a meeting based on your availability. I am available from Monday to Friday 03:00 PM IST to 10:00 PM IST.

Regards,
Hari Teja

photo

Hello Hari,

How about next Monday, Sept. 18 on 7:45 PM IST to 8:45 PM IST?

Thanks

Heng Yu (he/him)

Programmer Analyst 2

Planning, Property And Development

Innovation and Technology Division

City of Winnipeg

T. 204-986-7074

E.  hyu@winnipeg.ca

photo

Hi Heng,

Thanks for the response.
A meeting invitation has been sent to your registered mail ID for Monday, Sept. 18 on 7:45 PM IST to 8:45 PM IST.

Regards,

Hari Teja

photo

Hi Heng,

Thank you for joining the call.

We are waiting for you to share the logs so that we can investigate further. You can upload the entire log folder over FTP, however we need the time stamp and folder name.

FTP: https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/file

Regards,

Hari Teja

photo

Hello Hari,

I have send the log and the screen-shot from the info.jsp page as an attachment via the email.

I will send you here in case you do not have received it

photo
photo

Hello

The attachments are the log and the screenshot from the info.jsp

Thanks

Heng Yu (he/him)

Programmer Analyst 2

City of Winnipeg

T. 204-986-7074

E.  hyu@winnipeg.ca

photo

Hello Hari,

I have already send the log as the attachment via the email.

Thanks

Heng Yu (he/him)

Programmer Analyst 2

City of Winnipeg

T. 204-986-7074

E.  hyu@winnipeg.ca

photo

Hello Heng,

Good day!

Thank you for providing the logs. Can we have one more remote session to discuss more about this issue. Kindly let us know when you'll be free. So that we can schedule a meeting based on your availability. I am available from Monday to Friday 03:00 PM IST to 10:00 PM IST.

Regards,
Hari Teja

photo

Hello Hari,

How about on Thursday Sept. 21 at 7:30 PM IST?

Thanks

photo

Hi Heng,

Thanks for the response. A meeting invitation has been sent to your registered mail ID for Thursday , Sept. 21 at 7:30 PM IST

Regards,

Hari Teja

photo

Hello Heng,

Thanks for joining the call, it was wonderful speaking with you. I am pleased to inform you that the issue we discussed has been successfully resolved. Based on our discussion and the subsequent actions taken, I am now closing the ticket related to this matter.
I want to thank you for your cooperation and patience throughout this process. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further difficulties or have any additional questions.

Regards,
Hari Teja

Leave a Comment

Attach a file