Broadcast Subject Body Character Limit

Jasper Dan Estareja shared this question 7 months ago
Completed

Is there a known limit to the number of characters for a broadcast email subject and body?
303138942e85f7a9a51d04c2b849ef89

Replies (4)

photo

Hello Jasper,

Thanks for reaching out to Yellowfin Support. Allow me some time to look into this request, I'll investigate this issue internally and get back to you with my findings.

Thanks!

Regards,

Chaithanya V M.

photo

Hello Jasper,

Upon reviewing this request here are my findings.

• I haven't found any official document about the Email subject & body text limitations!
  • So I have tested this one of the YF environments (YF V 9.8.2.2) by entering the numbers and found that for entering the text in the email subject and body there is no limit! I have tested entering the 1000 numbers.
  • But if we broadcast that report it gives "Oh no Error"
  • So I have given different numbers in the Email subject and Body and sent the broadcast and found that when we give the Email Subject more than 140 chars it gives giving Oh no Error while broadcasting.
  • When we set the Email subject up to 140 chars and the Email Body I have given up to 1000 chars then emails are going without an issue. Adding the snippets below.

f173a93465aad1faa3126befc0c55aa1

• I hope this information will help! Please feel free to respond here if you have any additional questions, I am happy to help!

Thanks!

Regards,

Chaithanya V M.

photo

Thanks heaps Vemu!
I'll forward these details to our client.
You may close this ticket.

photo

Hello Jasper,

Thank you for the confirmation. I will now go ahead and mark this case as completed.
Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns; we would be more than happy to assist you.
Have a great rest of your day!

Thanks!

Regards,

Chaithanya V M.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file