Calculated field for year range with SalesDate

Arjun shared this question 8 months ago
Completed

Hi Experts,
I am working on a Yellowfin project and I need to create a calculated field for the year range with the SalesDate field in the Yellowfin 9.7.1 version. I have been searching the documentation and online forums, but I am still not clear on how to do this.
Would you be able to advise me on how to create the following SQL code for the calculated field?
SQL Code:
SELECT CASE
WHEN Year(Getdate()) - Year(ITS.SALES_DATE) = 0 THEN
'Year 2022'
WHEN Year(Getdate()) - Year(ITS.SALES_DATE) >= 1
AND Year(Getdate()) - Year(ITS.SALES_DATE) <= 6
THEN '1-6 years'
WHEN Year(Getdate()) - Year(ITS.SALES_DATE) >= 7
AND Year(Getdate()) - Year(ITS.SALES_DATE) <= 10
THEN '7-10 years'
WHEN Year(Getdate()) - Year(ITS.SALES_DATE) >= 11
AND Year(Getdate()) - Year(ITS.SALES_DATE) <= 15
THEN '11-15 years'
WHEN Year(Getdate()) - Year(ITS.SALES_DATE) >= 16
AND Year(Getdate()) - Year(ITS.SALES_DATE) <= 20
THEN '16-20 years'
WHEN Year(Getdate()) - Year(ITS.SALES_DATE) >= 20 THEN
'>20 years'
WHEN SALES_DATE IS NULL THEN 'Null'
ELSE 'Others'
END AS SalesYear,

FROM SALES

I would really appreciate your help.

Best regards,
Arjun

Replies (14)

photo

Hi Arjun,

Good day!
Thanks for reaching out to Yellowfin support.
We are currently reviewing this case. We will get back to you with the findings shortly.

In meantime could you please share the screen recording of the process you are doing, and share the recording through ftp using the link below.
https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/login?next=/files/User-Uploads

Regards,
Hari Teja

photo

I have SALES_DATE in Sales table. Created a Sales View. How to create the calculated column in Yellowfin?

I don't think video is required for this.

photo
photo

Hi Arjun,

Hope you are doing good!

Please go through the below wiki article that would help you more regarding calculated fields.
https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Calculated+Field

Here is the one for a View and here is one for a report.

Regards,
Hari Teja

photo

Hi Team,

I've also read the article you sent me. I understand that this needs to be implemented with data Transformation module. I tried to download the transformation software/plugin, but it's asking for credentials that I don't have.

Would you please provide me with the Yellowfin data Transformation software/plugin so that I can complete this task?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Arjun

CAUTION:  This email came from outside of Civica - only open links and attachments you’re expecting.
photo

Hi Arjun,
I apologize for confusing you with so many links. Please review the below KB article discussing case statement structure, it may be useful.

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Calculated+Fields

Regards,
Hari Teja

photo

Hi Hariteja,

I have successfully created the calculated column.

Please help me provide yellowfin data Transformation software/plugin

Regards,

Arjun

CAUTION:  This email came from outside of Civica - only open links and attachments you’re expecting.
photo

Hello Arjun,

That sounds great, and thank you for the confirmation that you are now able to successfully create the calculated column.

However, I would like to know more about the Yellowfin data Transformation software/plugin that you are looking for, which is again a completely different topic altogether.

Please let us know the below information:

1. What exactly are you trying to do with the data transformation software/plugin?
  2. From your previous response, we would like to know from where you downloaded the Transformation software/plugin. Please share the URL for our reference
  3. We support, Yellowfin Data Connectors, which are currently available on this portal. Request you to refer the same. I hope that helps.
    Regards,
    Hari Teja

photo

Hi Hari,

I want to use data flow feature of Yellowfin.

Data Transformation Tools for Business Intelligence | Yellowfin BI

Regards,

Arjun

photo

Hi Arjun,

Hope you are doing well!

We would like to know from where you try to downloaded the Transformation software/plugin. Please share the URL for our reference

I would like to schedule a remote session for this issue. Kindly let us know when you'll be free. So that we can schedule a meeting based on your availability. I am available from Monday to Friday 06:00 IST to 15:00 IST.

Regards,

Hari Teja

photo

Hi Hari,

I am free tomorrow morning.

Please send me schedule link.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Arjun

photo

Hi Arjun,

Thanks for your response.

I have scheduled a remote session at 10 AM IST tomorrow( 25/08/23). Please join the meeting using the below link.

Teams Meeting

Regards,

Hari Teja

photo

Thank you.

photo

Hi Arjun,

Hope you are doing good!

Could you please let me know whether you are joining the meeting?

Regards,

Hari Teja

photo

Hi Arjun,

Good day!

Thanks for joining the call and hope the issue is resolved now, could you please confirm can we proceed for ticket closer.

Regards,
Hari Teja

photo

Hi Arjun,

I am happy to hear that the issue is now fixed. I am going to mark this ticket as completed.

Feel free to contact support whenever you have any concern or query related to Yellowfin; we would be happy to help.

Thank you!

Hari Teja

Leave a Comment

Attach a file