Updating email notification settings with a configuration DB query/web services

Siim Neljandik shared this question 9 months ago
Completed

Hello,

Is it possible to change the email notification settings from the backend?f19b394cffc92144087864067771dad1
For example to set the highlighted option to disabled.

All the best,
Siim N

Replies (8)

photo

Hello Siim,

Thank you for reaching out to Yellowfin support. I'll take a look into this and get back to you.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Siim,

Changing email notification settings is typically done through the user interface. It is not a feature that is commonly available via web services or recommended to be modified directly in the backend.

Could you please let me know if there is any specific reason why you are not using the user interface to disable the options? It would help me understand your requirements better and provide appropriate assistance. If you need any guidance or face any issues while using the UI, please let us know, and we'll be glad to help.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello,

I have ~60 deployments that I would want to update and if I could do it with a script then it would be a lot simpler and faster than manually going through the systems.

All the best,
Siim N

photo

Hello Siim,

Hope you are doing great.

Just to let you know that I have created a task for product team regarding your issue. I will keep you posted once I have some updates around this.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Siim,

I hope you are doing well.

I wanted to inform you that I have received below update from the development team.

It is possible to change the email notification settings from the backend. The settings can be toggled on/off with a database query. They are contained in the 'CONFIGURATION' table in the database. You can change the 'CONFIGDATA' column value to true or false for the desired 'CONFIGCODE' property. Here is a list of all email notification settings and their corresponding name in the UI:

8cee9cc177d1f5eed7035ddff583699d

c5d5dd96f3778ef1cb6151d80cc1b666

dc4d242e3e027ff1d9e352d816f80d6b

If you need assistance with specific queries to change a desired property, please let us know your database type, and we will be glad to provide you with the appropriate query.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Siim,

I hope all is well,

I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Siim,

Greetings for the Day.

This is a follow up reminder that 2 days have passed without any activity in this ticket. When there's no activity, it usually means either that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant and after 5 days (2 days from now) without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed.

If this is not the case, please do reply and let us know how we can be of further assistance, we would be happy to assist.

Regards
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Siim,

Greetings for the Day!

This email is to notify you that we believe that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that this ticket can be resolved for now. Because of age and inactivity I am going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed.

However, if you ever wanted to revisit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let us know, we will be more than happy to do so.

Regards
Sharwari Inkane

Leave a Comment

Attach a file