Assigning Default Role based on User Group

Carly Duncan shared this question 9 months ago
Completed

We are provisining and authenticating users through the API. Is it possible to specify a users role based on the user group we assign them to via the API?

For example, our instance supports 3 user groups for our client orgs: Basic, Advanced, Admin. We would like to assign their user group/role based on the user role they have in our system.

Is this possible via the API?

Thanks,

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Carly

Thank you for reaching yellowfin support.

Allow me some time to look into this issue, I'll investigate this issue internally and get back to you with my findings

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi Carly

Yes it is possible with API. I would like to recommend go through the below yellowfin developer link which will help you on this.

https://developers.yellowfinbi.com/dev/api-docs/current/#operation/createUserGroup

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi Carly

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through below response. If you can let us know that would be great.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hi Carly

Greetings for the Day.

This is a follow up reminder that 2 days have passed without any activity in this ticket. When there's no activity, it usually means either that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant and after 5 days (2 days from now) without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed.

If this is not the case, please do reply and let us know how we can be of further assistance, we would be happy to assist.

Regards
Siddhartha

photo

Hi! Yes we can confirm this has been resolved.

Thank you!

photo

Hi Carly

That's a great news. Thank you very much for the confirmation. I will now go ahead and mark this case as completed. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns; we would be more than happy to assist you.

Have a great rest of your day!

Regards

Siddhartha

Leave a Comment

Attach a file