Updating a user login email

Siim Neljandik shared this question 9 months ago
Completed

Hello,

We had some email name changes inside our organization and would want to update their Yellowfin logins to match the new emails. Since we have multiple instances of Yellowfin, would it be possible to do this change with a backend query?

Application Version:9.8.1.1

All the best,

Siim

Replies (6)

photo

Hello Siim Neljandik

Thanks for reaching out yellowfin support

Give me some time to look into it. After doing so, I'll let you know what I find.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hello Siim Neljandik

It would be great if you could share the information below

1)Is the entire organization's email address changed, or have only some of the individual users' email addresses changed?
2) Is your yellowfin is integrated with LDAP?

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hello;

1) It is specific users who need their left side of email changed
2) No we don't use LDAP

photo

Hello Siim Neljandik

Thank you for your response. I have further tested the option of modifying a users email address through direct database modification, as well as using the update user webservice, however in both cases, if email address is used as the user's login id, then this will not be possible.

If users login through a non-email address (eg sid02), then you can just update the contact emails in the IpContact table. Otherwise, if users log in with their email address, then you will need to import those users as per your original plan.

Generally we won't recommend to change this with a backend query. Apologies that the other options are not available. Please let me know if you require any further information on this.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hello,

Thank you for taking a look and letting me know, that is all I wanted to know for now.

All the best,
Siim

photo

Hello Siim Neljandik

Thank you very much for the confirmation. I will now go ahead and mark this case as completed. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns; we would be more than happy to assist you.

Have a great rest of your day!

Regards

Siddhartha

Leave a Comment

Attach a file