Reports and Dashboard is in a private folder. User has read access but can only access reports

D G shared this question 10 months ago
Completed

I have a user who is locked down to only access one folder. Read access.

In that folder are saved some reports and one dashboard.

If we send the URL for the reports to the user they can see them. However the URL for the dashboard returns 'Not Available' error.

Again - it's stored in the same folder and the user has Read access to the folder.

What am I missing? TIA

Replies (15)

photo

Hello D G,

Thank you for reaching out to Yellowfin Support

While we look into this issue, could you please let us know the current yellowfin version and build you are using? We would require info.jsp. To access this page, just append info.jsp to your YF url.

E.g. http://localhost:8080/info.jsp

Additionally, it would be great if you could share the process you are following in the ftp link below

https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/login?next=/files/User-Uploads

Thanks!
Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

System Properties

Application Version:9.8.1.3

java.version:11.0.14.1

os.name:Linux

os.arch:amd64

os.version:5.15.0-1031-aws

[Show All]
Available Processors:8

Memory in Use:3.1 GB

JVM current total memory:7.9 GB

Free memory:4.8 GB

JVM max memory:8.0 GB

System memory:31.0 GB

Application Server:Apache Tomcat/9.0.62

Servlet API Version:4.0

JSP API Version:2.3

Application Details

Current Schema Version:20230216

Give me a private address to send file. I cannot share on public forum.

photo

Hello D G,

Hope you are doing well

To let you know that FTP link which I shared is secured and that only our support team has access to it. Anyone can upload any files or videos, however they cannot open an FTP link without credentials? Therefore, you are safe to post any files or videos on the ftp link below.

https://ftp.yellowfin.bi/login?next=/files/User-Uploads

Thanks!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello D G,

Hope you are doing well.

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Thank you!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Process is straightforward.

I added a user.
I created a new role 'Club Users'
I added this user to the role.
The role has
General
Report Access
Dashboards
Personal Dashboard

Giving the URL of the reports and the dashboard the engineer created they can only see the reports. Not the dashboard.

photo
photo

Hello D G,

I replicated the issue in my test environment and for me its working fine. In order to see the problem and make it clear, I would like to have a remote session. Please let me know your availability for a call. I'm available Monday through Friday from 21:00pm IST to 06:00am IST.

Thanks!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello D G,

Hope you are doing well.

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Thank you!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Setup a meeting between 8am and 2pm PST. Thanks

photo

Hello D G,

This is to inform you that an invite to the Teams Meeting has been sent to you for today i.e. Friday at 11pm IST(10:30 am PST). To join the meeting, click the following link.
Click here to join the meeting

Thanks!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

I cannot make 10:30.  I can make 11am however. 

photo

Hello D G,

No worries, I'll send you an invitation to a meeting at 11 a.m. PST. Please acknowledge once received.

Thanks!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello D G,

This is to inform you that an invite to the Teams Meeting has been sent to you for today i.e. Friday at 11:30pm IST(11 am PST). To join the meeting, click the following link.

Click here to join the meeting

Thanks!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello D G,

Thank you so much for joining the call. It was great talking to you over the meeting, really appreciate your time.

I was able to duplicate the problem and also be able to access the dashboard. Could you please try to recreate the dashboard and try again. You can also broadcast the dashboard if you choose to use one of our options, broadcast. For more information, I've provided two websites below that you should check out.

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Broadcast

https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/Dashboard+Interactions#DashboardInteractions-Dashboardsharing

Please let me know your thoughts.

Additionally, if the problem persists, I kindly ask that you make a new user in your test environment, attempt to send the report and dashboard, and see if that resolves the issue. You should also share this video with us for further verification.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello D G,

Hope you are doing well.

Thank you!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Dear D G,

Greetings for the Day.

This is a follow up reminder that 2 days have passed without any activity in this ticket. When there's no activity, it usually means either that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant and after 5 days (2 days from now) without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed. If this is not the case, please do reply and let us know how we can be of further assistance, we would be happy to assist.

Regards,
Yamini Naidu

photo

Dear D G,

Greetings for the Day.

This email is to notify you that we believe that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that this ticket can be resolved for now. Because of age and inactivity I am going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed. However, if you ever wanted to revisit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let us know, we will be more than happy to do so.

Regards,
Yamini Naidu

Leave a Comment

Attach a file