How do I display a Tabbed Co-Display report embedded in a dashboard?

Andrew Hess shared this question 10 months ago
Completed

Hello!

End users at my company have found that the tabbed co-display of multiple reports is a useful feature. However, the end users want to be able to access this functionality on a dashboard subtab; that is, have a tabbed co-display report that is tightly integrated into the dashboard's page. Drilling through, following a link, or clicking a button to display the tabbed report aren't viable options.

I noticed, when trying to import a tabbed co-display report into a dashboard, that it's possible to display tables or charts or the original report's canvas, but the tabbed co-display including charts and tables isn't available to place on the dashboard's canvas. Is it possible to display a tabbed co-display report on a dashboard canvas and preserve its original functionality apart from a dashboard?

Thanks,

Andrew

Replies (10)

photo

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for reaching out to Yellowfin support. I'll take a look into this and get back to you.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Andrew,

In order to proceed, could you please provide us with the following information:

1. Could you please let us know the exact version and build of Yellowfin you are currently using?
2. If possible, could you please share the screen recording of the process you are doing?
3. Could you please reproduce the issue using ski team database and share the yfx file so that we can replicate the same and get back to you with the findings.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Andrew,

I hope you are doing well.

I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hi Sharwari,

We are using Yellowfin 9.8.1.2.

I've attached recorded steps of the process that I attempt to achieve my goal.

We do not have the ski team database installed, so I hope that what I attach will suffice.

Thanks,

Andrew

photo

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for sharing the information.

I believe we should set up a meeting to look at your issue on a live basis; if you are available for a call, please let me know your availability. I'm accessible from 9 pm to 6 am IST, Monday through Friday.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Andrew,

I hope you are doing well.

I just want to touch base to see if you had a chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Andrew,

I wanted to follow up regarding our meeting. I'm available for a meeting from 6am to 3pm IST, Monday through Friday. Please let me know your availability so that we can schedule it accordingly.

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Andrew,

Greetings for the Day.

This is a follow up reminder that 4 days have passed without any activity in this ticket. When there's no activity, it usually means either that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant and after 5 days (2 days from now) without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed.

If this is not the case, please do reply and let us know how we can be of further assistance, we would be happy to assist.

Regards
Sharwari Inkane

photo

Hello Sharwari,

My apologies for the delayed response. We have found a workaround solution where we wrote JavaScript in the dashboard's code mode to selectively modify DOM elements' CSS to show or hide certain report and filter elements. We have configured this with button elements to look something like a tabbed codisplay report except embedded in a dashboard's canvas. Please feel free to close this ticket. Thank you for your support.

Andrew

photo

Hello Andrew,

That's great. I really appreciate your response. I am happy to hear that you have found a workaround solution. If you have any further questions or encounter any other issues in the future, feel free to reach out. We would be happy to help.

Thank you!

Regards,
Sharwari Inkane

Leave a Comment

Attach a file