How do I change context path from ROOT

Oliver Wood shared this question 10 months ago
Completed

I previously installed 9.4.1 and followed instructions below

https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/how-do-i-change-the-default-root-url-path-for-yellowfin

This all worked.

Colleague recently installed 9.8.1.3 and the instructions above no longer seem to create the new webapp context

Replies (6)

photo

Hello Oliver,

Thank you for reaching out to Yellowfin Support

Allow me some time to look into this. I'll get back to you with my findings soon.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello Oliver,

I'm writing to let you know that I've noticed that the "path" attribute in ROOT does not exist in 9.8.1.3. When I copied the path attribute from the 9.4.1 version to the 9.8.1.3 version, and followed all the steps as given in this link https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/how-do-i-change-the-default-root-url-path-for-yellowfin, it worked as expected. It was successful for me.

The following is the syntax you can change in your ROOT(Yellowfin/appserver/conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml) and let me know how it goes for you

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context docBase="C:\Users\sharwari.inkane\Yellowfin 9.8.1.3 full/yellowfin.war" path="DAVE"
privileged="false" reloadable="false" swallowOutput="false" useNaming="true"
xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false" xmlBlockExternal="false">
<Manager className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager" distributable="false" saveOnRestart="false">
<Store className="org.apache.catalina.session.FileStore" />
</Manager>
</Context>

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello Oliver,

Hope you are doing well.

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Thank you!

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Dear Oliver,

Greetings for the Day.

This is a follow up reminder that 2 days have passed without any activity in this ticket. When there's no activity, it usually means either that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant and after 5 days (2 days from now) without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed. If this is not the case, please do reply and let us know how we can be of further assistance, we would be happy to assist.

Regards,
Yamini Naidu

photo

Dear Oliver,

Greetings for the Day.

This email is to notify you that we believe that you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that this ticket can be resolved for now. Because of age and inactivity I am going to go ahead and mark this ticket as Completed. However, if you ever wanted to revisit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let us know, we will be more than happy to do so.

Regards,
Yamini Naidu

photo

Apologies have been away the last 2 weeks will test this today and let you know

Leave a Comment

Attach a file