Group Conditional Formatting

Brian Smith shared this question 11 months ago
Completed

I have a query where each column is a question and in all there are 200+ questions. (Imported data from survey sparrow) Conditional Format Legend is Yes, No and N/A. I just need it listed once at the bottom of the crosstab instead it lists each Conditional Format per column.

Replies (19)

photo

Hi Brian,

Thanks for reaching out to Yellowfin support.

Could you please let us know the exact version and build of Yellowfin you are currently using and If it is possible can you please share a video recording for the issue so that I can investigate and check with my wider team and get back to you soon.

Regards

Sri Vamsi

photo

Sri,

Thank you for the quick reply. We are on version of 9.8.2.2

My apologies as I do not have any screen record software I hope the additional jpgs will do. If not I am sure I can accommodate.

photo

Hi Brian,

Greetings of the day!

I would like to have a remote session with you. I'll be available in between 9PM IST to 6AM IST. Could you please let me know your availability in between these time zone. So that I'll send a meeting invite accordingly.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Sri,

I am available from 9 am to 4 pm (except from 1-2 pm) CST M-F.

Thank you,

photo

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your response.

I would like to schedule a meeting at 3.30 PM CST and please find the invite below. Let me know your confirmation.

Teams Meeting

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Sri,

Did you mean today? I am on the meeting but I do not see you accepting.

Let me know. We can do tomorrow if you like.

Edit: Lets do this at a later date. I am the only one is the office and have my hands tied for a while. I would need to do meeting before 3 pm for next two weeks as we are short handed.

photo

Hi Brian,

Sure, we can schedule a meeting tomorrow around 12.30 PM CST. You can join on the below link.

Teams Meeting

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Sri,

Sounds Good. See you then.

--Brian

photo

Sri,

Attached are the files requested. Let me know if you need anything else.

-- Brian

photo

Hi Brian,

Thanks for sharing the details.

To assist you better, could you please replicate the issue using the ski team data source and share the YFX file again? This will allow us to replicate the same issue in our system and provide you with an appropriate solution.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Sri,

My apologies. I thought I had replied to your previous msg but apparently never hit the Submit button.

We deleted the Ski Team data a while back, my apologies.

photo
photo

Hi Brian,

Greetings for the Day!

We would like to check, with you if you had the opportunity to read our last response.

Request, you to review and let us know if you have any questions or further assistance is required.

Regards

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hello Brian,

Greetings of the Day!

Could you please let me know your available time to connect with you and discuss on this issue further. I'll be available in between Mon-Fri 9 PM IST to 6AM IST.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Sri,

Tomorrow, Friday June 16th, 11 AM CST which is 9PM IST if I did my math right, I will be available.

Thank you,

Brian Smith

photo

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your response.

Could you please join the below link tomorrow at 11 AM CST.

Teams Meeting

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Brian,

I have raised a Jira task to our product team on behalf of you. I'll let you know once I received an updated from them.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hello Brian,

We have received an update from our product team as below. Could you please check and let us know.

So, from what I understand from the functionality point of view, it is not a bug but an expected behavior. All the columns have Yes, No, and N/A and the visualization looks the same for each column but the Conditional Formatting functionality is implemented differently. For Conditional Formatting, each column is treated as a single unit and doesn't have any relation to the other columns. Even visually they look the same, for the app, they are not. I believe there is no bug here.

I think the issue here is that each question is a column, and the conditional formatting is setup on each column. Yellowfin does not know that the conditional formatting is the same on each column (and indeed it does not need to be) and thus seemingly shows the legend multiple times. Could they not just disable the legend, or even build a custom legend using text fields and images in the Canvas?

The only other way I can think of doing this is to restructure the data so the question text was in one column and the response in a second column, then you could just set up the conditional formatting on one column and the legend would look fine.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Brian,

Greetings for the Day!

We would like to check, with you if you had the opportunity to read our last response.

Request, you to review and let us know if you have any questions or further assistance is required.

Regards

Sri Vamsi

photo

Sri,

Thanks for the update. I understand the issue. maybe in the future the conditional formatting will be grouped by as it makes no sense to have the same legend repeat itself despite ad-hoc report design. Just my suggestion. Have a great weekend. I am still looking to find a resolution to my other ticket of is it possible to do a count distinct from two data sources in YF.

photo

Hi Brian,

I hope this email finds you well. It was great working with you. I've logged this Enhancement Request on your behalf with the Product Team for further review. Such requests will be reviewed by our Product Team and implemented based on feasibility, level of positive impact on the user experience, and votes from the community.
This post will be updated with any future information relevant to this process.

Regarding the other ticket. I'll follow up with our product team and keep you posted the latest updates.

I am going to go ahead and mark this as Completed for now. Please feel free to reach out to us in future.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

Leave a Comment

Attach a file