Converted datetime field is not calculatable

Vivianti Santosa shared this question 10 months ago
Completed

We were initially converting our time using the FROM_UNIXTIME function in our sql view but this was causing the data to come into Yellowfin already as a timestamp. This was causing issues, including not able to add a timezone converter, thus providing erroneous times on user reports. So we are now importing it as a varchar, then applying to the time conversion at the YF view level.
However the converter YF datetime field is not able to perform any calculation (enddate - startdate, startdate - today type of calculation) - is there any solution / tricks on how we can perform calculation in these converted datetime?

Replies (6)

photo

Hi Vivianti Santosa,

Thanks for reaching out yellowfin support

could you please let us know the exact version and build of Yellowfin you are currently using and If it is possible can you please share a video recording for the issue so that I can investigate and check with my wider team and get back to you soon.

Regards

Sri Vamsi

photo

This is the exact version :

Application Version:9.8.2.1

I have no video or picture to share except saying that the calculation that I made before the changes (and was working before) is not working anymore

photo

Hi Vivianti Santosa,

Greetings of the day!

Could you please go through the replication steps as mentioned below.

1. If you have added a column to a view, then this becomes a field. The field has formatting and converters. You could add the same column to the view multiple times with different formatting and converters.

2. If you create a Calculated Field based on the column, then it is no longer associated with view field. (Although you select the column from a list of view fields). The calculated field could contain many different columns too.. What would happen if the two DateTime fields had different converters and formatting?

3.You should be able to apply a Converter to the calculated field after it is created. This can be done from the Advanced Function menu, and select Data Conversion from the top.

6d56f69b132f8046a878776be215e7c0

ab476bba714b2eda111172027b9c2d2e

I hope this helps. Please let me know how it goes.
Regards,
Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Vivianti Santosa,

Greetings for the Day!

We would like to check, with you if you had the opportunity to read our last response.

Request, you to review and let us know if you have any questions or further assistance is required.

Regards

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Vivianti Santosa,

This is a follow up reminder, that there has been no activity on the ticket in the last 2 days.

As no activity, it usually means either that you have found the solution for the reported issue or that the matter is no longer relevant.

Without any activity, we assume that the ticket can be closed within 5 days (2 days from now).

If this is not the case, please do let us know how we can be of further assistance.

We would be glad/pleased to assist you.

Regards

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Vivianti Santosa,

This email is to notify you that, you have identified the solution for the reported issue or that this ticket can be resolved for now.

As we find no activity, we are going ahead and mark this ticket as Completed. However, if you ever wanted to revisit this or have anything else we could help you with, please let me know.

We would be glad/pleased to assist you.

Regards

Sri Vamsi

Leave a Comment

Attach a file