How to filter a Jasper Report?

Carly Duncan shared this question 14 months ago
Answered

Hello,

I created a report in Jasper and imported it into Yellowfin. However, I cannot seem to apply any sort of filters to the report. How can I filter this report?

Thanks!

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Carly Duncan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Yellowfin Support Team.

While we are investigating this issue, could you please let us know the exact version and build of Yellowfin you are currently using and also could you share the Jasper file to upload so that we can replicate the same and get back to you with the findings.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi,

I have attached the report. I was just reading some other comment threads and see that there is a way to prompt for a parameter if you set one up in Jasper. Is that how filtering works with Jasper reports in Yellowfin? If so, what are the options for parameters? Can I create a dropdown list or does it have to be a text input? Ideally I would like the user to be prompted to select one of the fields I am pulling in from my db.

Thanks!

photo

Hello Carly Duncan,

Thanks for sharing the details

Allow me some time to investigate this issue

I'll get back to you with the findings.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hello Carly Duncan,

I received the following error when I attempted to upload the file you shared.

I guess you shared the incorrect one

dfbdcee83d02631a4f5e53d51b4935a9
However, I believe we may select and apply filters here in the filter (available) based on our needs.

Additionally, I've provided a link that demonstrates how the Jasper Report functionality in Yellowfin works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nxh_QgzNh0

Currently only this functionality is available.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to address your concerns or provide the enhancements you need.

Thanks!
Regards,
Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini,

I realized after posting my question that Parameters (filters) can be created in Jasper. I do not know how to setup parameters in Jasper. Can you share any resources you have about setting up parameters in Jasper?

Thanks,

photo

Hello Carly,

Apologies for the delayed response.

I would like to check a few of things as below

Are you trying to setup parameters in Jasper itself or you already have some samples and you are trying to deploy them on Yellowfin?
Also, I would like check about the Filter issue that you reported. Were you able to filter the report successfully? Did you notice any issue or error?
Are all the filters are not working when you import the report into Yellowfin? or just a particular filter?

Please let me know

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo

Hi Yamini! I was able to figure out how to create parameters. We can close this ticket.

Thank you!

photo

Hello Carly,

Hope you are doing well

I appreciate the confirmation. I'm closing this ticket now. If you need any help, you can reach us at any time we would be happy to help.

Regards,

Yamini Naidu

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file