Yellowfin user name table in Yellowfin DB

Nick Moskaluk shared this question 14 months ago
Answered

Hello,

Can you point me to the table LDAP usernames are stored in the configuration db please?

Thank you.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Nick

Thank you reaching yellowfin support.

In the dbo.IPClass table, you may obtain a list of all users.

79454b81b7bc16f553b841ef013756ab

I would like to recommend you to go through the below article. (https://community.yellowfinbi.com/knowledge-base/article/converting-existing-yellowfin-users-to-ldap-users?_ga=2.21391358.472057354.1673624264-60052327.1673624264)

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Hello Siddhartha,

That data in that table is specific to emails. If we're using LDAP and signing in with non email address to yellowfin, is it safe to assume that LDAP is passing back the email address associated to username used at login to the YF app?

Thanks.

Nick

photo

Hi Nick

Yes it is safe that LDAP is passing back the email address associated to username used at login to the YF app. LDAP users are stored in Active directory. How LDAP works means

Yellowfin has two methods of authentication configurable from the Admin Console; Yellowfin Authentication, or LDAP Authentication. Yellowfin Authentication means that the user's credentials (user ID and password) are stored in Yellowfin and checked to authenticate a user logging into the system. LDAP Authentication means that Yellowfin references an external directory (LDAP) or database to perform the authentication - a user will enter their user ID and password (or this will be passed by Single Sign On) and Yellowfin will authenticate these details with those in the LDAP directory.

Using LDAP means that Yellowfin access can be controlled externally, and organisation-wide, simply and quickly. Users can use their existing intranet password for Yellowfin, and reports can be given access restrictions which include or exclude users in specific LDAP groups. In addition, removal/lockout of the user in the LDAP directly will automatically flow through to Yellowfin, as Yellowfin has to authenticate via the directory for every login request, minimising the manual effort of managing users.

I would like to recommend you to go through the below article.

(https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/yfcurrent/LDAP+Authentication)

Regards

Siddhartha

photo

Thank you for the information.

photo

Hi Nick

If that's all good, I'll go ahead and mark this as complete. Feel welcome to reach out in the future.

Regards,

Siddhartha

Leave a Comment

Attach a file