Database metadata has changed. Please modify SQL statement.

Page shared this question 15 months ago
Answered

Hi,

I get the following message when trying to edit a view. When I click continue I'm unable to view the sql in order to change this. How can I get past this?

53cc87a829b077d238f58c1c2b7c4bb6

Thanks

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Page,

Thanks for reaching out to Yellowfin support.

I'm just having a look into this error on my end to see if there's something we can do immediately to the view(s) to take a look at fixing it. Can I just ask what changes were made to the Yellowfin database? Or were the changes made to the data source

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Sri,

The changes were made to the source database. I believe a column was deleted that is referenced in the sql in the view. Now I cannot view the sql in order to edit it and remove that reference.

How can I edit the view now?

Thanks

photo

Hi Page,

Could you please let me know your current version information (info.jsp).

It looks like there's a view that can be removed and edits made to the original, along with fixes to the column count to get the view back in line with the underlying data source. And prior to that, backups will need to be in place.

There's an enhancement in 9.7 coming which should mean that Yellowfin no longer tries to validate views with virtual tables when cloning them, so this shouldn't be a problem in future.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Page,

Hope things are good on your end. Just wanted to check in to make sure you had what you needed here.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Page,

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Sri,

Sorry for the late reply. We are on version 9. Can you tell me what view can be removed?

Thanks

photo

Hi Page,

Can you please share the compressed copy of entire logs folder located at <yellowfinInstall>/appserver/logs.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Page,

I just want to touch base to see if you had chance to read through my response. If you can let me know that would be great.

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

photo

Hi Page,

I just wanted to let you know, as there has been no response to my previous replies, I will be marking this ticket as closed due to inactivity

Regards,

Sri Vamsi

Leave a Comment

Attach a file