Showing average value on a scatter plot

Vefa Gulecyuz shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi guys, I have a scatter plot. I also would like to show the average value as a bubble on the scatter plot.

I can calculate the average or sum in the column totals but obviously it is not a data point that shows up on the chart.

How can I show averages on a scatter plot? Any proper ways or workaround solutions?

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Vefa,

Thanks for reaching out. Perhaps it would be helpful if you could demonstrate via an image with the value you're looking for overlaid on the chart, identifying which value(s) is the average and I can attempt to work backwards from there. It's true you can't display the Totals values on the chart, but there may be another way to do it, I'm just unsure of what the expected end result is supposed to be.

Thanks,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike, if I do that with an image as an overlaid, it will be static right?

I want it to be dynamic as with the other bubbles of scatter plot.

photo

Hi Vefa,

Thanks for getting back to me. I just meant as a visual example so I can better understand what the desired result is.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi Mike, I solved the issue with a subquery. I am showing total as a new row with a subquery.

Thanks anyway, you can close the ticket.

photo

Hi Vefa,

That's great to hear! Thanks for getting back to me with your solution. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file