Error information Missing error

Bharath Kumar shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Hi Experts,

One of our client is facing an issue accessing YF with LB name. We have 2 nodes and there is a LB on top. When we access the LB url and login, it throws the error: Error information is missing.

This error is intermittent, but it occurs most of time in a day.

We added the tomcat standard tomcat cluster configuration following the below: https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/USER74/Clustering+Guide

We did check the logs, but it does not record any errors or exceptions. Do you know if we are missing out something?

Regards,

Bharath

Replies (10)

photo

Hi Bharath,

I researched that particular error message on the world wide web and I found some documentation by some organisation called BMC:

https://communities.bmc.com/docs/DOC-114914

it shows that if you correctly follow the steps it describes, then you will get a message "Error information is missing"

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

This seems to be a different use case and document which you have shared is from our internal portal :)

I suspect this issue could be due the session replication or with the clustering part. Have you seen any such scenarios where accessing the YF url with LB throws the error information missing?

Regards,

Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath,

well it seems like your internal portal is more external than internal! ;-)

I know it is a different use case, but I mentioned it because I'm wondering whether you have done those steps (you have configured the Ignore and DenyAccess parameters in web.xml) or not?

I have looked through my own knowledge base and through 7 years of emails and tickets and I could only find one hit for "Error Information is Missing" - and it was to do with the attached BMC AppExceptionHandler class, are you familiar with it?

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

No, we didn't make those changes. Here for the first time, we get the error "Error information missing". But the second time, the login works fine, its kind of a intermittent issue.

I see the AppExceptionHandler is in the install location, but I am not sure what it does.

Regards,

Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath,

I am not sure either. Someone in BMC created it, are you able to find out who it was and ask them about it?

regards,

David

photo

Hi Dave,

I have removed the AppExceptionHandler file from the server and now I cannot login with a LB name. I am investigating on this internally :(

Regards,

Bharath

photo

Hi Bharath,

OK, please let me know what information you learn from the internal investigation...

regards,

David

photo

Hi Bharath,

Hope you're having a good week.

Just wanted to check-in and see how it's all going. Was there anything you were needing from me to help get this resolved?

Regards,

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi David,

This is still the same.

Thanks,

Bharah

photo

Hi Bharath,

I'll reach out to some of the BMC support guys to get in contact with you on this one as I suspect someone over there knows how to get this resolved.

Then I'll check back in.

Thanks,

David

photo

Hey Bharath,

Have the BMC guys got in contact with you on this issue?

Thanks,

David

photo

Hi Bharath, hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity.However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

David

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file