Android App

Ederson Kamphorst shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

how can i find android app for Yellowfin?

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Ederson,

Thank you for reaching out. We actually have another case regarding this right now, whereby my colleague has requested an update from the appropriate teams on where the actual mobile apps are, just for confirmation, but I do believe the app has been taken down and that the mobile apps are going to be deprecated. I can confirm when my colleague receives that confirmation however, if you'd like

Either way, you can still access the mobile site by appending '/mobile_index.jsp' to your login URL. For example, http://localhost:8080/mobile_index.jsp.

Here's what it looks like after logging in in my browser:

It's essentially the same look, layout and functionality as the App.

Hopefully this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

photo

Hi Ederson,

Just providing an update here: unfortunately, we are having some communication issues with our PlayStore contacts and with the Android App. Please bear with us while we continue to look into this. As stated in my previous post, our only workaround for now would be to use the mobile_index.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hello,

What is the status of this? Will an Android app be supported in the near future when the communication issues you mentioned above are fixed? We are evaluating BI tools at the moment (last fase) and this is an issue.

Kind Regards,

Jeroen

photo

Hi JeRoen,We are evaluating another BI solution, unfortunately Yellowfin discontinued the mobile solution and did not warn its customers and gave no outbound solution. We have serious problems here in the company because of this. If you are evaluating the tools yet, I suggested not considering Yellowfin as a BI solution.

photo

Hi Ederson,

I'm sorry to hear that our mobile solution will not work out for you, but thank you for updating us here. Do you want me to unsubscribe you from this ticket so you no longer receive updates on this?

JeRoen,

On the note of Yellowfin not continuing with the mobile solution, I've reached out for confirmation regarding this. From my understanding, we should currently have a mobile app, with the caveat that it likely won't be developed out further in the near future. It also has less features than standard Yellowfin. The mobile app is essentially the '/mobile_index.jsp' link I provided earlier just with a wrapper over it. What I'd recommend is checking out the application in that format, looking through the available features, and considering whether that would be a viable solution for you regardless. Either way, I'll be confirming what I've said here when I obtain further clarity regarding this.

Regards,

Mike

photo
photo

Hi Jeroen,

It looks like there's a pre-existing, long-standing trouble ticket relating to the Android App already opened with Ederson. David Registro reached back out yesterday to request an update from him on this. It looks like they were discussing options on how to proceed here.

Unfortunately I can't confirm an approximate ETA for the Android app to be back online as of now. Providing DR's and Ederson's conversation proves unfruitful, I'll provide updates here as new information arises, but there's unfortunately been no new information over the past week regarding this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hello Mike,

If there are (long-standing) issue's with the Android app that are being resolved this is not a deal-breaker (presuming the issue's are being solved). But I do not even find the Android App in the Store anymore. The iOS app is still there.

My question is more to find out if it is a YF choice to not support apps anymore. In other words, can we expect the iOS app to be removed also? Will they return with the V8 release? In these days of building an app for everything this seems to be an 'contrary' choice :-).

Kind regards,

Jeroen

photo

Hi JeRoen,

The only point here I have any knowledge on is regarding the app being on the Android store in the first place, of which my last update still stands - that I'm awaiting feedback on the issue we're having with the Play store. I've reached out for feedback on all the remaining points however, and will get back to you with an update as soon as I can on all this.

Regards,

Mike

photo

Hi JeRoen,

Apologies for the delay, unfortunately I don't think we can give you any further news on this regarding the App actually being re-uploaded to the Play STore. We appear to be having some issues around the Android App. As stated in previous posts our only workaround for now would be to use the mobile_index.

I also want to make you aware that we are in the process of developing the Yellowfin App, so hopefully soon we can have this up and running and available through Android, although I can't give an ETA. I know this does not help much at the moment, but at least there's some sort of workaround here.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

photo

Hi,

I'm going to go ahead and mark this one as Answered as there's no ETA on when the app that's being developed will be published at this time, but if you have further questions or concerns on this, if you respond, it will re-open the case and put it back in my queue and I'll be happy to help.

Regards,

Mike

Leave a Comment

Attach a file