Report Containing list of all views within the system

Samuel Hall shared this question 14 months ago
Completed

Hi there,

I hope you are well.

Recently we have been asked by one of our clients to build a report that lists all of the views within Yellow-fin for data analysis purposes.

We have used the Content Audit view provided by Yellow-fin in order to try an build this report.

When adding the view names into the report an adding the status filtering to only show open views many views that do not appear within the system are added to the report (as highlighted within the images below 'aaa' appears within the report but not within Yellow-fin).

Image 1 - Report Showing 'aaa' view exists within system

ffeb5cb3f4821a8fffb0f81c66c2aad6

Image 2- View search showing that 'aaa' view does not exist within the system

e74cceac54a21fda14a88797772b457b

Please can you advise on the best way to build a report to identify all existing views by status within Yellow-fin without the issue listed above?

I am more than happy to jump on a call to discuss this issue in more detail if required.

Kind Regards

Samuel Hall

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Samuel,

You may also need to filter on the view type, as the unfiltered list will contain a large number of hidden views.

E.g. I've filtered mine to include only DRAGANDDROP and EXCELREPORT:

f45fb8a36e1048e718babb2735cd944a

My report now only contains visible views.

Another reason why views might be invisible via search but show up in the report is if they have been created in client orgs you don't have access to or are contained in private folders.

I hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Chris

photo

H Samuel,

I hope things are going well over there.

Just wanted to let you know I'll be closing this request due to inactivity. However, if you ever wanted to re-visit this or have anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Chris

Leave a Comment

Attach a file