Options
  • Reopen

Yellowfin Broadcast Email

Completed
sholla 2 years ago

Hi Team,

For the third day in a row none of the automated emails from yellowfin have been sent in the morning. Could you please review the log files uploaded to your ftp site and advise hat needs to be done to resolve this. Thanks

File name: integrum_ITGJTRDOMSYD02_logs_20210927.zip

87550ecac842e75a8f0ba9fcd23d0cfd

Regards

SHOLLA AMEKO
Network Systems Administrator

+61 468 334 633, +61 2 8277 4585, +61 2 9700 9923

Sholla@integrumsystems.com

Level 25, Tower 3, Three International Towers,
300 Barangaroo Avenue, Sydney, NSW 2000

www.integrumsystems.com

We value working flexibly at integrum, so if you receive an email from me outside normal business hours, I'm sending it at a time that suits me. I'm not expecting you to read or reply until normal business hours.

Replies (21)

photo

Hi Sholla,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this. Can you please provide some more information around this issue:

1. What time are your automated emails scheduled to send?
  2. Can you please provide an example email address and report name?
  3. Can you confirm that your mail server (10.174.31.24) logs do not show any emails received from Yellowfin? (this is to rule out issues outside of Yellowfin)

I can see a series of emails being sent today between 11:22am and 11:32am (all to @jetstar.com addresses) which is why I am looking for some more specifics above. I can see that no email logs exist between 25th Sept at 9:46am and today (27th Sept) at 11:22am which I can look into further if this is the timeframe you are referring to.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hello Neal, Please find my response below,

1. What time are your automated emails scheduled to send? Most of them are schedule to run from 6am
  2. Can you please provide an example email address and report name? Paul.Nichols@jetstar.com JST CAA NZ Reportable Events
  3. Can you confirm that your mail server (10.174.31.24) logs do not show any emails received from Yellowfin? (this is to rule out issues outside of Yellowfin)I can confirm Mail server did not log any emails at the time.

Regards

SHOLLA AMEKO

www.integrumsystems.com

We value working flexibly at integrum, so if you receive an email from me outside normal business hours, I'm sending it at a time that suits me. I'm not expecting you to read or reply until normal business hours.

Sent: Monday, 27 September 2021 2:21 PM

To: Sholla Ameko <Sholla@integrumsystems.com>

Subject: Yellowfin Broadcast Email [#23042]

photo

Hi Sholla,

Thank you for the extra information, however I am unable to find any reference to "JST CAA NZ Reportable Events" in any of the logs. Can you please provide me with the report ID for this report from the ReportHeader table in the Yellowfin Config DB? I can see some errors in there, but not sure yet if they are relating to the correct items or not. Some additional questions:

1. How many reports are being broadcast at that time?
  2. If you manually run them, do they send successfully?
  3. Is this affecting all clients of this system? (if this is a multi-tenant environment)

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal

1. How many reports are being broadcast at that time? - The reports are spread out over a period of time in the morning
  2. If you manually run them, do they send successfully? - Yes the notifications send successfully when run manually
  3. Is this affecting all clients of this system? (if this is a multi-tenant environment) - This is not a multi-tenant environment
  1. What time are your automated emails scheduled to send? - We changed a notification to run at 11:45am today which did not send
  2. Can you please provide an example email address and report name? - Attached is a screenshot
  3. Can you confirm that your mail server (10.174.31.24) logs do not show any emails received from Yellowfin? (this is to rule out issues outside of Yellowfin) 10.174.31.21 is our SMTP server which is listening on port 25. The SMTP server was down this morning, hence errors today, but all other days it has been up and running,.

Attached are all the YF logs

Cheers Michael

photo

Hi Michael and Sholla,

I think a call would be helpful here for me to understand this issue better. Are either of you available today (Wednesday 29th) between 2-4pm or Thursday 30th between 10am-2pm?

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hello Neal,

Thanks for the response. I Can do 4pm today. Thanks

Regards

SHOLLA AMEKO

www.integrumsystems.com

Sent: Wednesday, 29 September 2021 11:27 AM

photo

Hi Sholla,

Great, we can use the link below for the call:

https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/9453634655

I will speak to you then.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Sholla,

Apologies, I am running a little behind. Should be able to speak with you at 4:15pm if that is okay?

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Neal,

That’s is fine.

Regards

SHOLLA AMEKO

www.integrumsystems.com

Sent: Wednesday, 29 September 2021 3:51 PM

photo

Hi Sholla,

Thank you again for your time today. From what we could see, it looks like some of the daily broadcasts did not run from the 23-28th. There were no errors present, it literally looked like the broadcasts had either:

• Paused through the UI (though I couldn't see any evidence of anyone looking at the schedules on the 22nd)
  • Paused via the DB (no way to know this through logs)
  • Disabled the TaskScheduler (this would require a restart of Yellowfin, which we couldn't see in the logs either)

So it is a bit of a mystery at this point. Being that tomorrow would be 1 full week since this issue occurred, if it repeats tomorrow, please do the following just prior to the next days broadcasts:

1. Enable debug logging as per this article
  2. Wait for the broadcast scheduled time to pass
  3. Get the Report names and ReportIds (ReportIds from the ReportHeader table in the DB)
  4. Zip up the logs and upload them to our FTP with the filename 23042-debug.zip
  5. Reply to this ticket including the Report Names and Ids

This would give us the best chance of seeing if the schedules for those reports are being checked at all, and if there are any clues there.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Sholla,

Hope you are well. I wanted to touch base and see if you've run into this issue again?

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hello Neal,

So far so good. We haven’t had this issue since again. Please feel free to close the ticket and thanks for your support on this. Much appreciated.

Regards

SHOLLA AMEKO

+61 2 8277 4585, +61 2 9700 9923

www.integrumsystems.com

Sent: Thursday, 7 October 2021 12:46 PM

photo

Hi Sholla,

That is good news for a Thursday. Thank you for letting me know and hopefully we don't see this one again.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hello Neal,

Hope you are well. Unfortunately this issue is back again. For the past two days, they client has reported they have not received any broadcast messages. I have enabled debugging as you have suggested previously and will collect log file for your review for tomorrow.

The last time this occurred, we could tell emails were sent from the server looking at the logs however this time no emails were sent from the server.

I have uploaded server logs to your ftp site. File name: #23042. Could you please have a look and advise. Thanks

Regards

SHOLLA AMEKO

www.integrumsystems.com

Sent: Wednesday, 29 September 2021 5:33 PM

photo

Hello Neal,

Hope you are well. Scheduled broadcast reports happen to send this morning after a server report last night. However as per your request I have uploaded current log to the sftp site. File name: #23042_20211021.zip. Could you please review logs from yesterday and today and see if you noticed anything strange. Thanks

JJP Daily CARs review

5e52d1f2e13690858587685f86295ccb

JJP Daily Oscars Report:

3a04ce7ca1e0c191cde27a83af7c581b

PBI RAW DATA

92f321d9a96637b7de14ac2f68c2c2c5

Regards

SHOLLA AMEKO

www.integrumsystems.com

Sent: Wednesday, 20 October 2021 5:58 PM

To: Yellowfin Support <support@yellowfin.bi>

Subject: RE: Yellowfin Broadcast Email [#23042]

Hello Neal,

Hope you are well. Unfortunately this issue is back again. For the past two days, they client has reported they have not received any broadcast messages. I have enabled debugging as you have suggested previously and will collect log file for your review for tomorrow.

The last time this occurred, we could tell emails were sent from the server looking at the logs however this time no emails were sent from the server.

I have uploaded server logs to your ftp site. File name: #23042. Could you please have a look and advise. Thanks

Regards

SHOLLA AMEKO

www.integrumsystems.com

Sent: Wednesday, 29 September 2021 5:33 PM

photo

Hi Sholla,

I've not seen anything particularly helpful so far, but I will do some further analysis.

Can you please let me know what tables those images are from? I am guessing it's the reportheader table...if so, could you filter it so it is only reports where STATUSCODE = 'OPEN' so I have the right ID's (as these show up in the debug logs).

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hello Neal,

The images are from the report header table. Please find attached a csv file reports with open status.

Regards

SHOLLA AMEKO

www.integrumsystems.com

Sent: Wednesday, 27 October 2021 3:24 PM

photo

Hi Sholla,

Thank you for that. Due to the debug logs being started just prior to the reports sending correctly on the 20th I don't really have any further insights from this. From your CSV however I could not see any OPEN versions of the PBI RAW Data report which may be the reason this is not going out. Can you please check in the UI to see if that report still exists?

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hello Neal,

Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

Yes I can confirm the report still exist.

0ac1404f1c1ef9a62f8597eafa2c7578

The reports are currently exporting again so I guess we can hold off on this for now. However now that I have enabled debugging, we should be able to have more information in the logs should this happen again. For now I am happy for you to close this ticket. Thanks

Regards

SHOLLA AMEKO

www.integrumsystems.com

Sent: Thursday, 28 October 2021 10:33 AM

photo

Hi Sholla,

Thank you for confirming. And if this comes up again please let us know.

Cheers,

Neal

photo

Hi Team,

Not sure the context of re-opening this ticket is, but with such a long removed situation we ask you create a new ticket with a description of the current issue, along with updated system information logs, timestamps and any working vs non-working observations. I will mark this ticket as Completed to keep things organized.

Thanks,
Eric

Leave a Comment
You are posting as Jasper Dan Estareja

Attach a file