Using Linked Servers (SQL Server) in Yellowfin views is possible, and can easily achieved by using this article
Let's walk through the steps:
1. Have a Linked Server set up in SQL Server, on the same server as the reporting database you are connected to/reporting on
2. Establish a data source connection to your reporting database. (again, this database needs to be on the same SQL server as the Linked Server)
3. Create a View using the data source connection you have created.
4. In the View, pull in a Virtual Table, click the SQL button and add your own SQL to call on tables and fields from the Linked Servers databases and content. You should be using the format: LINKED_SERVER.database.[schema].tablename
5. At this point you can now choose fields like any other table in a View, join this between other tables in your database, and use this in Reports.