Unable to import dashboard

Rutger Tjallema shared this problem 2 years ago
Defect Logged

Hi all,


I try to move an dashboard van PROD to ACCP by expoerting it from PROD and importing it in ACCP.

Unfortunately this keeps resulting in an non-descriptive error (the 'oh oh'-error). Attachted you find the file. I try to import it with the Custom-method, then I select everything except the data source (since the PROD and ACCP environment have different connection settings).

For a few reports I got the warning that the data source was not found, for them I manually selected the data source. For one report (selected suppliers) i got the warning message that it contains custom queries on a non-existing data source. This is not correct, the report does not contain any custom queries.

So, for the missing data source, I was able to remove the warning. For the custom query issue i was not. I tried to import anyway with the 'oh oh'-error as result.

Could you please have a look?

Thanks!

Regards, Rutger


ps Dave made recently a copy of our data base structure.

ps2 We recently upgraded to version 7.3 build 20170929

Comments (2)

photo
1

Hi Rutger,

I found that the export file from PROD had been created incorrectly, there were 2 entries such as the following

<customQuerySQL></customQuerySQL>

that were causing the problem. So I have removed them from your export file, and attached the new modified version to this post.

You shouldn't get the "Oh no!" error anymore if you use this new export file.


One more thing, I tried reproduce this issue over here by going into my instance of your PROD environment and exporting the Supplier Relations (NEW) dashboard with all of its dependencies, but my export file didn't have the <customQuerySQL></customQuerySQL> lines that were causing the issue. So unfortunately I can't raise a defect if I can't reproduce the issue.


Please let me know how the new export file goes when you try and import it into your ACCP environment.


regards,

David

photo
1

Hi Dave,


Thanks for you help! Today, I finally had time to give this issue a follow up. Since there are some new changes, I made a new export file. This one again gave the Custom-Query warning when i tried to import it. I tried to replicate what you did and deleted twice <customQuerySQL></customQuerySQL> from the import file.

This solved the Custom-Query warning. I only had to select the data source for the views (since the ACCP uses another database connection than PROD) and I could import without any warning sign.

Unfortunately, again I got an 'Ohoh-error'. We also tried to import a single report (one that is not in the initial import), and that one also ended with an 'Ohoh-error'.

Can it be that something is wrong with our Yellowfin install? We're encoutering this problem since updating to the new build.

I attached both files.


Thanks! Rutger

photo
1

Hi Dave,


An update from our side: we managed to import a single report successfully. I attached the import file.

Please note that also for this report we imported everything except the database connection.


Regards,

Rutger

photo
photo
1

Hi Rutger,

it sounds like a bug to me, however, for me to be able to raise a defect I have to be able to replicate the issue over here. And unfortunately when I export the dashboard tab "Supplier Relations NEW" and dependencies from my PROD environment into my ACCP environment, it all goes smoothly without any error. I have attached a video of my efforts ("SupplierRelationsNEW_from_PROD.mp4") so you can check if my replication steps are correct.

However, when I tried to export just the Pricebook Generic report from PROD into ACCP, then I was able to get the "Oh no" error. So I have raised a product defect (YFN-9165) for that one, and I have marked its priority as HIGH.


So that will take care of the issue when exporting just the Pricebook Generic report. As for exporting the Supplier Relations NEW dashboard tab and dependencies, don't forget to watch my attached video and please let me know if you did any steps differently than me. And if your steps turn out to be the same as mine, then I'm guessing that a maybe by this point in time either my PROD or ACCP databases (or both) have changed a lot since you first gave me a dump of them, and this would account for the different results I get when attempting to replicate the issue you are experiencing. If this is the case then I think it would be worth me getting the latest dumps from you.


regards,

David